TROUNCED

' Jamie Hans Jacobs, what has got into you?! Detention for fighting in school! What's the matter with you?!' Sarah Jacobs doesn't usually get steamed at me like this.

That means I fucked up.

' Mom, can we talk about this tomorrow. This isn't the time you know.' I was dragging my backpack up the stairs.

' You wait right here young man!' she stopped me from making any step further, simply by holding my shoulder and turning me around.

It's not really hard anyway, I'm only 99 pounds.

' Tell me what's causing all of this craziness going on. All I want to do is help...' She thought that toning down her voice would make me spill my shit to her.

I moved my shoulder from her grip and charged upstairs. I locked my door that time, making sure that I don't see it again in a while. But Malibu is a small city.
My eyes just opened and a couple of seconds later, I realized that I fell asleep on my keyboard. I was trying to slide in a workout session from Athlean-X dot com, even though my body already started quitting on me. Even though I went through all that I went through the day before, I still felt like Liv was meant for me, not Kowalski. So as it became a routine I couldn't resist going against, I went 3 blocks to her front door. I kept ringing the doorbell for 5 minutes straight, getting more anxious with each press of the button. Until Ms. Conway answered the door.

' Oh Jamie, what can I do for you?' She looked as puzzled as a slapped cow.

' Ummm, I'm here to pick up Liv. So we can ride the bus together...' I had the smile of a man on my face.

' Yeah, she's been picked up by Butch...' She was sorry to break it to me, I could tell.

' What?! Tell me when this happened!' I was ready to run a frickin marathon.

' About half an hour ago dear. She told me that she told you when I asked. But now ummm, I see she didn't ' I was already a couple of feet away from here before she finished her sentence, running for my love life.

They couldn't have used the school bus because it hadn't come yet. That means they were given a ride by Kowalski's older brother, Jeremy... shit. I had no option but to take the school bus without her, again. Fred wasn't sitting next to me, not after what happened the last time we talked. The dude literally walked away from me.
Everyone had their eyes on me at school. And I wasn't even missing any pants on my legs or something. I guess the feud that got me into detention was a trigger to popularity in the Junior High school lifestyle. I had 2 chicks asking for my details when I was getting my textbooks from my locker.

' You're so brave standing up to Butch like that. It caught my attention right away'  the girl on my left was playing her cards safe with me.

' Riiiigghhht, I gotta go to class, and I'm sure you ladies need to do the same .' I knew how to ghost in the DM and in person.

' But you haven't asked for our names! We're interested, you know!' And the girl on the right was playing her cards like she's got nothing to lose.

When I got into class, everyone started giving me applause like I solved world hunger.

' What's going on? Did I miss something?' I asked one of my classmates who sat right next to the door.

' Isn't it obvious, you stood up to the coolest kid in the Junior section of the school. You're an official badass!'

' I am, aren't I?' It all started to get to me slowly but surely, consistency was key.

' Guys, guys, please. It was nothing. It's frickin Butch Kowalski we're talking about here...It was harder than it looks.' I became a cock there but they all screamed my name again.