Chapter 4

Cormac POV:

I admit that the reactions of Doctor Bailey and Doctor Webber scared me.
Indeed I didn't know how to behave since these two people are like the parental figures of Meredith Grey. The fact that they reacted like this just because I had a "hug" with Meredith confirms that they are overprotective with her.
And now I know that if I want to have any relationship with Grey, I first have to gain the trust of these two people. I find myself walking through the halls of the hospital with Meredith by my side to go see our patient.
The path is rather silent, indeed after the scene that happened in front of the whole hospital don't know how to react.
Arrived in front of the patient's room we notice that it is about a 5 year old girl named Chloe who has severe abdominal pain. We therefore decide to do all possible examinations to determine the cause of the pain and thus relieve this little girl in distress. We then go to my office to start the papers to take charge of Chloe and work on the case.
I can tell Meredith is hesitant about making herself comfortable in my office. I then decide to tease her:
"You know you can sit down, there are chairs in my office. You know, those things used to rest ....", "Thanks Cormac, I wonder what I'll do without you!"
She hits me on the arm with her tiny fists and I laugh at the fact that she has a lot less strength than me.
We sit next to each other, our knees brushing together in an attempt to be both facing the computer screen. While we are working, I can't help but take a few glances at her. This woman is simply beautiful! And that's when I hear the voice that makes me lose a beat :
"Keep your eyes on the computer," she said, teasing me with a smirk.
I laugh at the situation I got caught in. However, I still peek at her every now and then. She notices it and locks her beautiful green eyes with mine.
My heart begins to race. I haven't felt this since my wife's death and the fact that Meredith makes me feel those emotions again gives me hope. Hope that someday something can happen between us.
I watch her face carefully.
First, her eyes which are a magnificent mixture of green and blue. She still has that little sparkle in her eyes, a sign of challenge. Then I notice her slightly rosy cheeks, wondering what the reason for her shyness is.
Finally, my gaze falls on her lips. They are slightly shiny and pink thanks to a gloss. Meredith's lips are very kissable.
I'm dying to press her against the wall, hold her cheek with one hand while the other examines her tiny body. Finally, I will put my lips on her, wanting to make her feel a lot of emotions, love, passion ...
But unfortunately, as she already told me, I am her best friend ....
I look away to put it back on the computer and shake my head to erase my unprofessional thoughts. That's where I see Meredith biting her lip out of the corner of my eye, smiling. At this dazzling sight, I stop breathing and all my thoughts come back again.
The question I ask myself is :

How am I going to resist my desires?

Finally, we move forward with Chloe's case and thanks to the exams, we manage to find a way to eliminate her pain. We book an O.R and head to the operating room and get ready.

I don’t detail the operation. So we have a couple of hours' advance of the two surgeons' day.

Meredith POV:

Once the operation is finished, we let the resident close the patient and we scrub out. Then we inform the family that the operation went well.
Cormac and I decide to go to my office to drink a few glasses of whiskey (and Tequila for my part of course) while finishing some charts.
Arrived in my office I take off my shoes and I make Hayes understand to sit on the bed located near my desk. I must admit that the idea of ​​having a bed in an office for all the attendings is a wonderful idea. I cannot thank Baliey enough for this.
Before coming to sit next to Cormac, I go to a cupboard and I take two glasses as well as a bottle of Whiskey and one of Tequila. He smiles at the sight of his favorite drink. I give him a small smile in return.
As I sit on the bed, I touch Cormac's leg and immediately feel a long shiver run through my body. Hayes laughs looking at me, as I slap him on the shoulder several times. After my fist hits his shoulder several times, he decides to take my wrist with two fingers, pushes me against the bed and places his body on top of mine. I find myself on the bed, lying on my back and Hayes on me.
However it does not stop there. He has the idea of ​​tickling me which makes me laugh uncontrollably. He laughs with me. I begin to struggle and succeed in exchanging our positions.
Unfortunately for me, Cormac lays me down on top of him, holding my hips tightly so I can't escape. We stay in this position until we realize the position we are in. We start to blush and I engage in discussion:
"We should ...", "Yes we should start the charts and drink ..." he replied, "Hmmm ... But you have to have you let me get up." I said.
He realizes he's still holding my hips with his hands and is smiling nervously while saying: "Oh ... yes excuse me Gray ...." he said, letting me go of his grip, allowing me to stand up.
I smile at him as if to say 'Don't worry' and he laughs adding: "Okay, so I really wanna see you try the Whiskey," "Are you kidding me Hayes?" I said laughing. "No, but if you try the Whiskey, I'll try the Tequila" he replied trying to get me to say yes. I nod in agreement and he serves us the drinks. I start by drinking the Whiskey. I wince a little at the taste of this alcohol. "Don't you like Meredith?" He said clearly mocking me, "How do you drink this filth, it's horrible" I replied, scrunching my nose.
He laughs frankly and drinks his drink as well: "Argh. And you really drink this without having any emotion?" He said the disgust on his face.
I laugh at him and we both end up lying on the bed looking at each other.
"I'm really glad Chloe made it out." I say with a sigh. Hayes gently strokes my arm, up and down in a comfort way.
"I'm glad I was able to do this surgery with you Meredith." We give each other a small smile and he adds "You know I was more afraid of Webber and Bailey than the surgery we just got! They can be really scary and protective! I care about my little life Grey !"
I laugh frankly and he laughs with me. "They are a bit like my parents, I love them ...". We look each other in the eyes and time seems to stand still.

No more dead patients, no more surgery, no more children, no more worries ...

I don't think about anything anymore. And a thought crosses my mind. I would really like to feel Cormac close to me, holding me tight like the scene that happened a few minutes before. His warm and muscular body close to me, giving me confidence, calm and serenity.
I then decide to shift towards him on the bed, rest my head on his chest and wrap my hands around his belly. He seems a little surprised at first, but I finally feel his body relax against me.
"You're okay ?" He said slightly worried, "Hmmm". He holds me more firmly, leaving no free space between our two bodies. After a few minutes I lift my head from his chest and whisper:
"Thank you, I needed it"
He nods and gently kisses the top of my head. And that's how we spend the evening, hugging each other, laughing and teasing each other.
And for once for a long time I feel good. Really good.

×××

Hi, I wanted to publish a chapter today because I don’t know if I’ll publish another one before Wednesday.
I’m sorry, but it’s the end of the year and teachers love to give us millions of big tests... 😭
In any case, from June 10th, I could be much more active and move the story forward!
I literally hate this chapter, but I wanted you to give you something.
Love you guys <3