Chapter 8

I advise you to read all the fanfiction therefore.

This chapter follows directly after Chapter 7

Cormac's point of view:

I pull out all the ingredients for making a chocolate cake while Meredith looks at me with a puzzled expression that tells me straight away that she clearly wasn't kidding.
And I immediately wonder if making a cake with this beautiful woman is going to be something rather easy or a total fiasco. Personally I opt for the second option but we always say that we must remain optimistic !

I begin to speak:
"So first we're going to preheat the oven, can you take care of it?", she answers me directly, frowning and clearly struck by this question "of course, who do you take me for Mac!"
I laugh at this face that Mer tries to keep and she ends up laughing too, resting her head on my shoulder.
After our laughter stops, Meredith raises her head and our eyes meet, the blue and the green unite and blend together and we remain like this for long minutes (which by the way only seem like a few seconds) before a notification on Mer's phone makes a sound.
So we part as if nothing had happened and Meredith clears her throat and says:
"Well step 1 is done, what's next?",
"So we put the chocolate and the butter in a bowl and in the microwave",
she answers me immediately, teasing me:
"I didn't think not that making a cake was so easy!",
"it was the easiest step with the preheating of the oven but do it and I'll be proud of you", I say mockingly and she answers me by giving me the finger and laughing. She starts doing the task I asked her to do while I do the rest of the recipe.
Meredith looks at me during this time, and believe me it's rather unsettling that someone we like is staring at us like that, biting their lip...

To be able to start the discussion again, I ask her to break the last two eggs, but the task, however simple at first glance, ends up becoming a real chaos.
Indeed, Meredith wanting to realize the task, completely crush the egg and dropped it into the cake mix. She then starts to gasp and says a little a little annoyed but laughing all the same:
"Well ok maybe I should have asked you before now that I think about it...."
I laugh at this reaction and decide to help her remove the eggshells.
Then wanting to tease her, I break the last egg with one hand but I quickly receive a nudge in response.
I don't think she liked it, but hey, I can't stop teasing her, touching her, smelling her hair and her being, talking to her.

I BELIEVE I'M ADDICTED.

Some time later, the cake is ready and to tell you the truth, all we have with my little green-eyed blonde is to cuddle and talk about our children.
I told her that my oldest, Liam, is downright obsessed with everything she does as a surgeon.
He keeps all the magazines and articles that Meredith Grey appears in and keeps them safe in a box.
He hopes to become like her by being a grown up and winning a Catherine Fox.
She seemed surprised and even blushed.

And it was right at that moment that I told myself that I had to make her mine and be with her.
She's not only beautiful, she's also modest and generous... she's amazing and I have to convince her.

But I keep telling myself that it turns out she doesn't like me, doesn't find me funny or likeable... or attractive.

Maybe she doesn’t like me.

My thoughts are interrupted by Meredith placing a soft kiss on my lips as if she's guessed what I'm thinking. From this moment I know that I must not let go, I must persist and use all the major means.

××××

Rather short chapter but since you asked me, I come back with a new chapter which I hope you will like.
I'm sorry for not having posted sooner but I went on vacation a few days ago and there was no network (the problem is over: I'M HAPPY!)

I apologize in advance but maybe my writing style has changed since I haven't posted a single chapter for 1 year.
I didn't have a lot of time with classes and I had the impression that fanfiction was less and less popular.

Be well!