Chapter 7

~A few hours later...~

Cormac POV

I wake up in a place that I don't seem to know at first glance. Only when I feel someone moving in my arms do the memories come to the surface.

Meredith and I had sex!

From that thought, I can't help but smile like a teenage boy in love.
And then, my vision falls on a blond head having her hair strewn over a pillow. Mer still seems asleep since I hear tiny and cute snores coming from her.
My god, that woman is going to ruin me.
Everything she seems to do makes me fall a little more in love with her all the time.
But I don't think she's attracted to me.
Suddenly, I feel Meredith move and her beautiful green eyes slowly open. She blinks several times to adjust to the light and growls as she puts a pillow on her head.
I laugh softly and hug her a little more.
This gesture makes her remove her pillow and look me in the eye.
And this is how our gazes meet, gazes mixed with several indeterminate feelings.
We move closer until I feel my lips on hers in a soft kiss. A few seconds later, we walk away breathless.

Then a thought comes to me:

What status do we both have? Are we friends?
-> Maybe we have already passed this stage ...

What does she want?
-> The thing that I know is that I want to stay close to her. I can no longer imagine my life without her.

I decide to speak:
"What are the two of us?"
I hear her sigh and she shrugs, looking at the pillow resting on her legs.
I smile sadly and lift her chin with two fingers.
"Listen Meredith, I know you're scared of dating and doubting but I don't want to walk away from you. I feel good with you, and despite not knowing where we are , don't stop me from wanting to kiss you or hug you " "Mac you really are an amazing person but I don't want to make you hope for something ... I'm afraid to get back in a relationship and hurt myself again. All the people I loved are either dead or gone and I don't think I will be able to take another loss "she said, looking at me with tears in her eyes.
I smile sadly at her again and gently wipe the tears from her face.
"What would you say if our relationship stayed where it is? Like I told you before I don't want to lose you and I will accept your choices but I want you to know that I will always be there for you, no m'attendais what happens."
Meredith starts to cry and I hug her hugging her tight.
A few seconds later I hear her little voice say:
"How do you manage to be so great? I feel like kissing you and hitting you at the same time ... And I'm probably a dumb here now crying for nothing but you've really changed my life."
I laugh at her comment and give her a kiss on the cheek to comfort her. We stay in this position for a while, just the two of us, listening to each other's heartbeats in order to calm down.

Meredith POV:

I know I must have hurt him by not wanting to be more than what we are now, but I don't think I can get up if something goes wrong in a plausible relationship with Cormac Hayes.
He's really great and I have no doubt that he would be more than an ideal boyfriend but the thought of losing him too scares me. During these few months I got very close to him and he thus became essential to my well-being. And the fact that he has just accepted that our relationship will stay as it is only approves that this man is special.
After a few minutes of intense reflection, I decide to get up and enjoy the end of the afternoon.
Indeed Bailey needing a cake to celebrate a birthday at school I decide to make a chocolate cake.
But I remember my cooking skills very quickly, so I decided to ask for help:
"Would you like to bake a chocolate cake with me? I have to prepare something for Bailey and his class and I wouldn't want to burn the house down ..." I said, chuckling delicately at the end of the sentence. reminiscent of the party at Jackson's house.
"Does Meredith Gray finally have a flaw?" He smirked and I decided to hit him for making fun of me.
"Okay I don't need your help anymore," replied, pretending to pout and getting up from the bed.
Before I could get out of bed I felt his right hand grab my wrist and hold me tight. Finally, his beautiful accent reaches my ears:
"Mer it was a joke come on! I will never allow myself to laugh at you, you are too perfect for that" He ends that sentence by whispering in my ear, giving me goosebumps and making me blush.
I end up saying:
"I hope so!"
While pretending to be offended. I ended up laughing with him for a few seconds until we ended up going into the kitchen.
"Well you’re gonna have to help me because I’m not really good at it. ", "What ingredients do you need?" I say, taking icing sugar. He looks at me shocked and I smile at him, patting him on the shoulder.

Yeah Hayes, I really wasn't kidding!

×××

That’s the end of the chapter!
I finally posted after long months.
I wanted to apologize for my long absence, but this year, it’s like I don’t have a minute to myself because of the classes and the revisions for my tests. (Sorry if it doesn’t mean anything btw I don’t really know how to translate it lmao)

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, feel free to comment and like.

I really don’t know when I’m gonna update so I can’t promise you anything...

Love y'all <3