Chapter 9

Ok, so it was a growl rather than a howl, mainly because-

"WHY THE HELL IS IT A DRAGON NOW?!" Damien exclaimed.
"Doesn't matter, KEEP RUNNING!" Adina yelled back.

They had managed to get away from their camp in time so hopefully they won't have to worry about returning to a pile of rubble... If they survive...

"Wait, there's a cave up ahead. We can hide in there until the dragon gets bored of us." Adina told Damien.
"Sounds good to me" He replied.

They soon reached the cave, entering without a second thought. Not too long after did the dragon smash his head into the cave entrance, causing the walls to crack and crumble onto and around the dragon. A faint puff of smoke escaped from its snout, then nothing.

"You think it's dead?" Adina asked softly.
Damien edged closer to the dragon, but no sound could be heard. "Pretty sure it is," he replies, "But now we're trapped in here."

"No, I don't think so," Adina replies, "The cave goes further back and down." Adina brings out a box of matches with only a couple of matches left. She strikes one of them against the box, igniting it and illuminating their surroundings enough to see just ahead of them. "Guess this'll have to do for now." She mutters, walking ahead with Damien close behind.

~~~

The 2 had walked for quite some time before seeing light. Running towards their exit, Adina tripped over a loose stone on the ground.

"Ouch!" She yelped.
"Oh dear," Damien muttered, "Let me see if it's ok,"

Turns out it was bruised, so Damien decided the most logical step to take was to simply carry her back to their hut. But before doing so, he noticed that what Adina had tripped over wasn't a rock at all, but what seemed to be a piano key.

"There's another one, just over there." Adina pointed, just further from where they were, at another large white key and Damien went to pick it up.
"Abigail's notes said that there were only 2 left, these must be the 2 missing ones," Damien remarked, putting the 2 keys in his rucksack.

Damien hurried back to Adina, picked her up and left the cave, soon to be back home.