Chapter 11

As soon as the couple lost sight of the aerial dino, they returned to the piano, this time with Abigail's journal. It wasn't easy, especially with Adina unable to walk, let alone run. But as soon as they found another cave, they waited until the dino got bored just like the dragon had done. Now they must figure out how to actually break the curse...

"Ok, let's go over this," Damien stated, "The 1st theory was dark magic is involved." 

"Of course, or we wouldn't have to run every time that piano plays," Adina mutters nonchalantly.

"Second was to add the missing keys which may break the curse,"

"But didn't,"

"The 3rd was that the piano is linked to us,"

"And even though we've tried to put the keys together at the same time, the curse still didn't break," Adina said, frustrated. "Face it, Damien, the curse won't be broken. We're gonna have to either live with it or leave here."

"Since when were you to give up so easily?"

Adina didn't answer. It was true, she wouldn't give up easily. Heck, she fought 6 other girls in order to be with Damien when they were still in their early 20s. So why now?

"Regardless, I'm not going to stop. There must be some way to end the curse." Damien said while pacing around the piano.

This was followed by a long silence along with the soft crinkle of leaves on the ground Damien stepped over. Both were deep in thought but neither could find an answer. Until-

"Do you remember that melody I played when we first met? And many times after too?" Adina asked her lover.

"Of course, I remember. That was the day Dad teased the hell out of me." He replied with a faint blush, making Adina giggle.

"Won't you play it with me again?"

"How? The piano is broken on the inside. Abi's journal even says that she tried but no sound came out."

"She also said magic is involved. So if all keys are back in place, who's to say it won't work," Adina stated, making her way to the piano to press a key. As it turns out, she was correct. The keys now were playing music even while the piano's insides were still in ruins.

Damien agreed to play after realising this and so they did. (Play the video below!)

Eyes closed, the couple lost themselves to their music. They were in sync, in perfect harmony. Their fingers danced along the keys, filling the forest with the sweet melody. Critters around them were swayed by the melody. It was as if time had stopped, and it was just the 2 of them, playing as they had done long before the war.

They hadn't realised, but the engraved patterns of the piano had begun to glow. The light spread throughout the forest, filling every nook and cranny that could be found. It was truly a magical sight to see.

As the melody came to an end, so did the light fade away. Adina rested her head on Damien's shoulder. "Shall we go home?" She asked.

"Sure, we'll just see what happens in the morning," Damien replied, lightly kissing his wife's forehead.

They got up to leave though not before noticing-

"Love, look," Adina said, pointing inside the piano. "The inside's all fixed up even with the tree still here."

"Huh, you're right." He replied. "I think we really did break the curse."

Adina held onto Damien's arm for support as she was still unable to walk well, and they both took off for their little home.

~~~

Ah, I love that melody. No, it most certainly does not belong to me. I only know how to write stories, not music, lol!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it cos we're almost done!

Lady Rose out~🌹