Chapter 2

My captive noticed my shock and took full advantage of it.

He quickly pulled my knife away from his neck and attempted to get me on the ground. I felt his companions rush to help him and began to panic.

If this female is who she says she is, then that means...I'm currently facing the Queen's court of the most powerful Fae to ever have existed.

I am about to use my power to teleport between places when the Queen calls out to me.

    "Wait! As angry as I am about you threatening my mate, I really don't want to hurt you." I have to keep my jaw from dropping.

That means I...I just held Rowan Whitethorn captive in front of the fucking Queen of Terrasen!

I mentally face palm and try to think of a way out of this. I currently have one male holding each arm, and another standing behind me with what I'm pretty sure is a bow and arrow. Not to mention the Queen standing in front of me.

    "Then what do you want from me?" I need time. I need a plan.

I can't just teleport away, I have no doubt they'll find me again. I feel the Queen begin to pace in front of me.

    "First, I want you to confirm that you were in fact the one who freed those slaves." I nod my head, hoping that she's looking at me.

I almost sigh in relief when she continues without missing a beat.

"Good. Now, I have an offer for you. You can stay in my palace and have full protection from your warrants, and in return...I want to get to know you. If I like you, then you can become a permanent member of my court. I'll even offer the blood oath, if I really like you."

I could feel a chuckle from behind me, and had to refrain from turning to hear it better. I took a few seconds to truly process her words, then I had to go and open my big mouth.

    "You don't even know me. I could secretly murder innocents for all you know."

Stupid.

I am so fucking stupid it isn't even funny. Who the fuck says that?

I hear a choking sound from behind me, and feel slight shakes of laughter from my right, which I'm pretty sure is where Rowan is.

    "Do you?" I could hear the amusement in her voice, and thanked the gods that she didn't take offense.

    "Well, no. But that still doesn't explain why you'd offer a complete stranger into your home. Even if you have been following them for the past three days." They stiffened at that.

Whoops.

    "Who are you?" The Queen asked. I simply shrugged.

    "Nobody." My throat was burning from the accent I was holding, plus this is the most I've spoken in...years.

I don't bother to acknowledge people on the road, and if I do, it's always one-word answers.

I felt the Queen shift, and didn't have time to react before someone yanked the back of my hood.

    "No-" I gasped, but it was too late.

My face was in full view, and I could feel the shock in the air at seeing a female with a blindfold rather than the male they assumed they were talking to. I gave a weak smile.

"Surprise..." I whispered in my normal voice. With their Fae ears, I know they heard me. Immediately, I felt all of them straighten.

    "Fenrys." Fenrys Moonbeam. Another member of Terrasen's court. We share the teleport ability. But why would the Queen-?