Chapter 27

I wake up in the morning and Dallas is nowhere to be found. I sit up quietly and look around more but still I can't see him. I sit up and start running looking for him while calling his name. I'm aware it's not safe but right now all I really care about is finding him.

Suddenly I bump into him by the lake and he's pacing around. "Dallas?" "What do you want?" "Are you ok?" "Yeah whatever I'm fine." "You can talk to me." "Would you shut up!! You're not my girlfriend! We slept together twice because to be honest you're the only person on this island!"

I look at him hurt. "That was really mean Dallas." "Well I guess I'm not always a nice guy." "I don't believe that because you're one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Please let me help you." I move in front of him and all of a sudden I trip on a log and fall backwards.

I let out a shriek as I fall and cut my leg. I hear Dallas call my name and all of a sudden he's beside me helping me up and walking to sit on the ledge of the waterfall while he cleans my wound while in the water.

"Look I'm really sorry." I shrug. "You didn't do anything I fell." He sighs. "I'm not sure what I would even do if something happened to you." He looks me in the eye for a few seconds and I keep the eye contact. Then I sigh. "What are we even doing?"

He looks at me questioningly. "We're going around acting like we're some happy couple on vacation but we're stuck here. What would we do if I had broken my leg or like if someone gets sick. What do we fucking do?!!"

"Nobody knows what's out there Kiki and there's stuff that we're going to have to deal with but we'll just figure out together." I nod quietly and there's silence for a couple of seconds until he looks up at me with a sigh.

"A year ago today my little sister went missing while walking home from school and was recovered dead 3 months later. Which is why I know my parents are beside themselves about the fact that I'm missing because that equals two kids missing and they're probably scared that I'm gonna turn up dead like Alyssa did."

I look at him as he tries to blink away his tears quite unsuccessfully. I wrap him up in a hug and I rub his back as he sobs quietly and we just stay like that for a while.