Chapter One: Kingdom of Dongnaia

A/n: Thank you for choosing this book! I hope you like it! This is my first Inheritance Cycle Fanfiction. Remember that this book will have Asian Influences, too.

Thank you! :)

There was once a majestic human kingdom named Dongnaia that was east of the mighty empire of Alagaesia which was lead by High Queen Nasuada, a young, human, and female black queen

There was once a majestic human kingdom named Dongnaia that was east of the mighty empire of Alagaesia which was lead by High Queen Nasuada, a young, human, and female black queen. The Empire of Dongnaia was led by a mighty dragon named Wieom and Emperor Song Joo Won.

His power in his land was unrivaled by anyone in his empire and all of his subjects had knelt before him. He was also loved and worshipped as a god by his people, children, and wives because of his loyalty, patriotism, and kindness to all with whom he had interacted. The emperor had twenty years of reign filled with peace amongst his people but he had also brought war on other empires as he wanted to make his name known in the world that he was someone to be feared and his empire would be the most respected empire by all of the beings in the world. It was his greed that had caused him to fall.

General Lee Jun-Ah, a half-elf was the most trusted general of the Empire of Dongnaia but his loyalty was soon broken and vowed to kill the emperor when his elf mother was killed in the war. Emperor Song Joo Won was able to easily find the elven city through elf traitors who betrayed Queen Arya, lady of the Elven Realm. At the time the two traitor elves swore fealty to him, he agreed to their pleas to help them overthrow their queen.

Even so, as the war raged on and since he had declared war against the Elven Realm, they were like ants that were easily trampled and murdered by the use of magic through uttering the ancient language. The elves were easily winning the war against them because of their unimaginable use of magic. Their army became more powerful with the help of three dragon riders who also could use magic using the ancient language.

They ride dragons that were bigger and stronger than their own dragon. He realized by then that he wasn't the lone dragon rider in the world and there were more dragons in the world. It was now clear to him that he couldn't win and many soldiers from his army had died from a war he couldn't win.

The war ended after weeks of intense battle and soon, he had chosen to surrender to Queen Arya, Queen of the Elves before they think of executing him. He wasn't killed by them but he was forced to swear using the ancient language to vow that he will never go back in Alagaësia and wage war against any being or any country or kingdom or empire anymore.

On the way home, he met a seer who told him about his future. She had informed him that he will never be able to find peace once again and he would die at the hands of the man he trusted best but that man would bring a stone that would soon return to his empire to unite his divided empire.

The emperor had already woken up from his bed when General Jun-Ah sliced the elf traitors protecting him in half with the use of a magical gem and after killing them, he entered the king's residence. Since the death of his elf mother was too much for him, he had no regrets about what he would do. He mercilessly stabbed the emperor's stomach while he was in bed while thinking the king was asleep but what he did not know was that he was fully awake and he had accepted his punishment.

"Forgive me, Jun-Ah," Emperor Joo Won cried out. "I was too blinded by my power."

"You're a powerful emperor! You have magic and a master swordsman!" General Lee Jun Ah screamed at him after he took his hands off the pommel of his sword. "Why did you not fight me?"

The emperor removed the short sword from his stomach and sat on it as he waited for his last breath to come. He had also handed him a bronze egg wrapped in bronze silk.

"Leave and never return to this land or my loyal subjects will kill you! A seer had seen my death and I will take my punishment willingly. My death will bring forth divided lands while you won't be the same man anymore. Take the bronze dragon egg and give it to a young dragon rider who resides in Mount Aroughs. He is known to be a much more powerful dragon rider and greater than I am as he was the man who dethroned a dark human dragon rider who was once King of Alagaesia," he ordered him. "The egg may hatch to the right person in his mountain. Leave my empire and find Eragon, son of Brom!"

"I don't understand!" he told him. "You took my mother's life! Why should I believe you?"

"You cannot deny your future as the Oracle had heard the judgment of the gods and goddesses," he said to him as more blood spurted more from his mouth. "Our gods had seen my future and yours had been seen, too!"

Moments later, Lee Jun-Ah witnessed him take a deep breath, his eyes become lifeless, and his body went stiff. He stared long at the emperor's corpse and a tear had fallen down his eyes. "Forgive me for what I have done but I needed to kill you to give justice to my mother's death."

He knew that his death will bring forth a dark age in the Far Eastern Reaches and with the dragon egg in his possession, he knew that the dragon inside it might bring peace, unite his empire, and rule it with elegance and power to whoever it chooses to be his rider but he also knew that while he does travel to Mount Arngor, he had to stay hidden away from his father's homeland to meet the man with whom the emperor wanted him to meet in his stead. The consequence that did hurt him the most from killing the emperor was that he may never be able to come home anymore.

A/n: So, writing this chapter took a lot of brainstorming from me and whoever reads this, I hope you like it! You just don't know how happy I am to finally make this chapter be brought out in the open, Yes, this is fanfiction of Inheritance Cycle ...

A/n: So, writing this chapter took a lot of brainstorming from me and whoever reads this, I hope you like it! You just don't know how happy I am to finally make this chapter be brought out in the open, Yes, this is fanfiction of Inheritance Cycle but I also placed a bit of Korean since I imagined that the Eastern Reaches will be like Asia and Alagaesia was like Babylon. I hope you like it!