Chapter Three: A Strange Meeting

A/n: To those who read my fanfiction, I'm happy that you enjoyed it! ❤️

The next day, Eragon was suddenly awakened by Saphira while both of them were still curled on her nest

The next day, Eragon was suddenly awakened by Saphira while both of them were still curled on her nest. The air was cold and freezing but he knew that there wasn't that much of a threat until he heard a knock on his door. It was still dark and the sun was still rising when he heard one of the elves who's with him in Mount Arngor knocking on his door. He rose to his feet, combed his hair, and did his best to look presentable for that day.

'Wake yourself up more, Eragon!' Saphira scowled.

Saphira? Who do you think would wake us up this early? Eragon asked her.

Just open it. Maybe there's more news about the dragon eggs.

You're at the age you'd want to mate. I'll be very envious if ever you meet your dragon partner.

Are you still in love with Arya?

Eragon smiled. That I am, Saphira. I still like her but I can't even court her. You know that I don't want to destroy my friendship with her.

Coward. Saphira chuckled.

At the time he had opened the door, he realized that the elf who was knocking was one of his close apprentices, Eohorim. He let him in his room after the elf gave him due respect. He placed two fingers on his lips and gave him a curtsy. "Astra esterni ono thelduin."

Eragon smiled. "Atra du everinya ono varda."

Eohorim was still kneeling when he ended his greeting to his master. He also greeted Saphira when he saw her. "Un atra mor'ranr lifa unin hjarta onr."

"Why have you woken me this early?" Eragon asked him. "Is there any good reason why?"

"I have come here to deliver some news, Eragon-elda. Blodgharm wanted me to inform you that a half-elf who worked from the Empire of Dongnaia had arrived and he was seeking sanctuary here. He has brought a bronze egg with him."

Eragon was surprised by the news. It struck him to know that a citizen from the Empire of Dongnaia will seek him. The empire was the country that tried to invade the elves' homes. "Let him in after inspecting his mind as the war in Du Weldenvarden had only recently ended. We don't want enemies entering the dragonhold."

Eohorim inclined his head and went off immediately. "As you wish, sir. We will make sure that he wasn't someone sent to attack us."

Eragon walked closer to Saphira and touched her wings. What do you think about the bronze egg?

You will have to inspect the egg. We need to know if it is also looking for a rider or a wild one. Saphira snorted and continued her outbursts. It is a dragon egg that came from another empire. The egg wasn't in Vroengard. As you have told me before, dragons could not just be in Alagaesia.