Chapter Eight: Eastern Dragon

A/n: Thank you to the people who continuously care for my characters!!! 💗💗💗

Eragon set out to visit Jun Ah and his adopted daughter a day after he had heard that the bronze egg had hatched for a young, female woman from Dongnaia

Eragon set out to visit Jun Ah and his adopted daughter a day after he had heard that the bronze egg had hatched for a young, female woman from Dongnaia. He expected to see a young child who's ten years old and younger but the young girl that Jun Ah adopted was actually fifteen years old already. Her dragon also didn't look like Saphira and other dragons he had seen in Alagaësia from her first days but rather, the dragon was totally different. It looked like a snake with four feet.

"Good day to you, sir," the girl said to him. "Mr. Jun Ah told me that the leader of the dragon riders would come here to introduce himself to me."

Eragon flinched in surprise at the time she saw the young girl as her age reminded of him that he was also fifteen years old when Saphira hatched for him. "Yes, I am Eragon Shadeslayer. May I know your names?"

The girl inclined her head to him and the small dragon wrapped itself around her right arm and stared directly at Eragon. They talked in private in their minds, and after that, they both gazed at him again. "My name is Kim Hyun Mi while I had named my dragon 'Li Yeong'."

Eragon sat at one of the stone chairs near the adolescent Dongnaian's hut. "You seemed very knowledgeable with the language of men from Alagaësia. How did you know where to find Jun Ah?"

The girl disagreed with him. "I don't know him and most of all, I didn't look for him as he was the one who found me crying in the forest. He chose to look out for me even if it looked very impossible before. I have serpent's curse on my back and many people in Dongnaia hated me because of it. King Song Joo Won also had the same curse."

"It's my first time to hear that kind of curse," Eragon said to her. "What do you mean by it?"

"Alagaësians don't know much about the Far Eastern Reaches? How can it be?" Hyun mi said to him. "I thought you will know that Far Eastern Dragons are different from Western Dragons. Li Yeong could speak to me in my language but he won't be bound. I won't be bound on the ancient language of the Elves nor the Name of names."

Eragon was shocked by what she had informed him. It came to him immediately that the girl and the dragon before him were just different as they were native somewhere else. The bronze egg that had hatched on his mountain was from Far Eastern Reaches and the dragons there looked different from the dragons of Alagaësia.

Jun Ah arrived and after seeing Eragon, he bowed his head. "It was a surprise to me that you will visit us. I'm glad that you can help us and she'll learn from you."

"Li Yeong and Saphira are very different from each other. I don't know much about Far Eastern Dragons," he said to him. "Can you help me know more about Dongnaia before I train her? I am more used to training elves and humans from Alagaësia. It's my first time to meet someone like Hyun Mi."

"Dongnaia is a huge continent and a huge forest separates it from Alagaësia. The humans in Dongnaia are from the elves who decided to " Jun Ah replied. "Most of the people there does have slant eyes which looked the same as the elves from Ellesmera but they're humans, sire."

"If that is so, maybe you can tour me in Dongnaia," Eragon suggested. "I know that you exiled yourself but I can do something to you using magic."

"It will be dangerous for me to return to Dongnaia even with magic, sire. Won't it be easier to go there yourself with the help of the men who went to persuade Queen Nasuada to give me up?" Jun Ah asked him. "I had heard while going here that they will be here soon to persuade you to surrender me to them so I can be punished by our empire's laws."

Eragon nodded in understanding as he can also very much relate to him. He knew that he had exiled himself away from Alagaësia when he found the eggs and other Eldunari in Vroengard. Angela had predicted long ago that he will not be able to return to Alagaësia anymore. The man before him had the same fate like him but the reasons for their self-imposed exile were different. Eragon had to protect the eldunari. He also knew that he had to lead and teach the new dragon riders whatever their race would be.

"Do not worry as I don't plan to get anyone killed or unjustly imprisoned. You have committed murder in your homeland but as a result, you chose to live in exile," he promised him. "The king had exiled you before he passed away and I had seen that myself when I inspected your memories. Wasn't it an enough punishment? He knew that you have a future away from your homeland."

Lee Jun Ah thanked him. "We are in your debt, sire. Thank you for your kindness! If my fate is to serve you, I will make sure to always protect you!"

"Stay here and do not leave your hut. You don't need to meet the men who wanted to kill you," Eragon told them. "I will make sure that those men won't be able to hurt you."

A/n: Thank you to the people who are reading my fanfiction!!! I am grateful with all of you!!! 🌺🌺🌺

-King Song Joo Won in this fanfiction. His real name is Mun Jun Won/Joo Won.