Chapter Twelve: The New Dragon King

A/n: Thank you everyone for reading my story!!! I hope that you liked it!!!

Eragon sighed while he was sitting on his throne chair in the Great Hall of his castle

Eragon sighed while he was sitting on his throne chair in the Great Hall of his castle. He had been thinking twice if he should call himself 'King of the Dragon Riders' rather than just a Dragon Master but after much deliberation with Lee Jun-ah, Eohorim, General Philip, Hyun Mi, Angela, and Arya who were present in his court that day, he had decided to become called 'King' but he wanted to hear the opinions of those present in his inner court. It was a difficult decision and he knew he can't just declare it to the world.

"Queen Nasuada will be surprised to know that if I choose to become 'King'." Eragon sat on his throne chair in his hall while all his inner court's eyes were looking at him. Do you really believe that it is the right decision to see myself as a king rather than just a dragon master? The dwarf clan, Durgrimst Ingeitum, may not like my decision to become king. I am a member of their clan, and they may not be happy that I called myself a king."

"We are a nation, Your Majesty! Wasn't it now time for you to choose where you really belong You were once one of them when it was politically needed when you were battling the evil king, King Galbatorix but think about it, sire! Is your vow to the dwarf clan still important? " Eohorim exclaimed to him as he wanted to badly persuade his master to become a political leader now rather than just stay as a teacher. "We may all come from different places all over the world but if we have to rebuild the prowess of the dragon riders, shouldn't we create our own nation and be seen as a kingdom? I was an elf, but I know that I am not an elf or human after I had my dragon! I am a dragon rider and different from the other elves!" 

Queen Arya held her white sword tightly on her belt, too. She's the queen of the elves but she's also a dragon rider. "I do agree with Eohorim, Eragon. I am currently the queen of the elves and it is where I give my loyalty, but you have subjects that must be loyal to you. So, by becoming 'king', it will mean that you will be able to choose your loyal knights and be more politically active."

"Is this what you mean, Angela?" Eragon wondered. "I will leave Alagaesia and never return since I will become a king, after all?"

"The future wasn't always set and I never knew why you wouldn't be able to set foot back in Alagaesia. You are now too different from who you were," Angela replied to him. "You have created your future and you embraced your destiny."

Lee Jun-ah stepped in to add his opinion, too. "I am once an outlander in your mountain but you have accepted me to become one of you. You may be a dragon leader and a powerful warrior but you still hold yourself loyal to another country and race. Wasn't it now time for you to think about what you are rather than stay in the past?" 

"If you choose to become king, your eminence..." General Philip sighed. "it will mean that you chose to leave the Durgrimst Ingeitum and you are not a member of their clan anymore."

"Is it wise to leave the clan?" Eragon asked them. "Would it be better if I don't become king?"

Adur, a member of Durgrimst Ingeitum wasn't happy with what he was about to choose but he also knew that he must accept Eragon's decision and he will have to report back to King Orik what he had witnessed. "It is your choice if you want to leave the clan, Shur'tugal. It will be disappointing news to King Orik who had treated you as brother-in-arms but I believe that he will be happy for you, too."

Eragon had finally reached a decision after he heard his opinion and so, he rose from his throne chair after he had heard everyone's opinion. "If I am king, do you all swear fealty to me? I had sworn fealty to the Queen Nasuada of Alagaesia but now, I want to announce that it is now nothing but a vow that we are allies. Tell her that I was hoping that she would accept me as a leader of a new nation. My goal is to build a nation as strong as Vroengard!"

...

There had been a long silence between all of those present in Eragon's court but in the end, Hyun Mi, Lee Jun-ah, Angela, Eohorim, and General Philip bowed down and gave their respects to him as he was now King of Mount Arngor. With their swords drawn and their right knee on the ground, they chorused their vow while their dragons also repeated the same vow. 

"We swear allegiance and fealty to King Eragon, Son of Brom! We are his loyal subjects and we swear that we will protect his kingdom from those who would dare attack it! You are our dragon lord, King Eragon."

"You are now a king, Eragon!" Arya smiled at Eragon, and she knew that the enthronement of a new leader of a kingdom needed one of the current leaders of a different kingdom to oversee it. "They see you as the breath and hope of all dragons and dragon riders. Now that you are a king, you aren't just a symbolical figure to them but a true leader."

Eragon agreed with her, and so, he drew his sword so that he can individually knight those who were present in his court. At that time, he still could not imagine that he was once a farmer but now, he had become king of a race that he's raising but he knew that he was meant to become something else since he was a child. 

At the time his eyes met Hyun Mi's young eyes, he knew that as a new king of a young kingdom, his first goal was to train a foreign dragon rider and help her reunite her kingdom. There were still so many things that he did not know about Hyun Mi, so he knew that he must learn more about her. "Rise, Lady Hyun Mi! You are a strong girl and as a female knight, show all of the people who doubt you that they are wrong!" 

Saphira, meanwhile, drew a fiery breath upwards creating a huge smoke up above, and once again, she flew up in the sky and produced a huge boom to announce to all their allies all over the world that Eragon's now a king. 

"Rise, Lord Jun!" Jun was the last to be knighted by Eragon. "You are now Knight of Arngor!"

"It is an honor, Your Majesty!" Jun exclaimed. "I am grateful to be a knight, again!"

A/n: Thank you for reading this fanfiction!!! I know that there are very few people reading my fanfiction but to those who are still here, I want to say my thanks!!!