Chapter Eleven: Eragon's Desire

A/n: I hope you like this fanfiction!!! I'm happy that you are all reading this fanfiction even if the updates are slow. :)

 :)

Eragon couldn't stop walking to and fro inside his chambers that night with Saphira beside him after he talked with the Priestess of Dongnaia

Eragon couldn't stop walking to and fro inside his chambers that night with Saphira beside him after he talked with the Priestess of Dongnaia. Ever since they were able to get rid of Galbatorix, things became much more complex for him and he was very much afraid of his power that when he tried to interact with the other people in town, people always bow at him and even the dwarves couldn't see him as an equal. There may be more dragon riders now because of his efforts but all of them see him as a very different individual as if he wasn't a person anymore but a god. Do you think Malakas is right, Saphira? The elves believed that gods aren't real. Should I agree to his offer to become a god? It's also the only way for me to know if gods are truly real. I still have doubts over them, after all.

Saphira snorted a little and looked at his eyes directly. You've seen a god directly, Eragon and that's when we both know that the elves are wrong about the world but to me, it looks like you were chosen to train the person who would become the next emperor of Dongnaia.

"I agree with that and I will train Hyun Mi," he replied while he was holding on to the pommel of his sword. "Do you know when Queen Arya will be here to visit me? Was trying to still court her worth it?"

She's a queen, Eragon. The customs and traditions of dragon riders had also changed now and it's better to change and adapt than get stuck in the old ways. Most of all, I don't know, Eragon. Arya had always been busy in her kingdom.

Can't you see that I feel so alone, Saphira? I may love Arya but she would never want to be with me, isn't she?

I am always here. You were never alone. Am I not enough for you?

We are two in one. You are a part of me and I am a part of you and thus, I see you as my best friend but not someone who would give me family. Do you think I would ever find a woman that I can love again?

You are craving for a womanly touch and I understand that. As I am as old as time, I advise you that if ever your heart falls for someone once again, you need to choose wisely. Do you believe that it's time to find a woman that would sit next to you?