Chapter Seven: The Prophecy

A/n: Thank you to all of the people reading my fanfiction!!! This is my first Inheritance Cycle Fanfiction, and so, I hope you check it out!!!

Eragon still could not fathom how surprised he was after he had discovered that his cousin, Roran Stronghammer became a dragon rider. He had heard from Rowan's reports that he had named his dragon,  'Aegir'. Somehow, their connection was growing fast and they were getting closer to each other by the two weeks since they have last seen each other but doing magic seemed to be his weakness. He can finally do weak magic but speaking in the ancient language seemed to be very difficult for him. It was early in the morning when he received a letter from Roran's servant from Palancar Valley. He accepted it immediately and read it but while he was reading it, it saddened him that there were people who didn't like the idea that he became a dragon rider, most of all, he was pretty much devastated by the news that not all humans were happy that he became a rider like him since they thought that he was much better stay a regular human being.

Why? There were some people who thought that it's impossible for him to become a rider, and there were people who believed that he was too brute as a rider. It also made some people think that the dragon who chose Roran made a mistake but he knew that his cousin can prove them all wrong. How can someone say that? I cannot believe this! They cannot say thatonhe dragon chose Roran! How can they say that they chose their rider wrong?

Oh little one- breathed Saphira- The dragon knows he chose his right rider. No one can tell the future as we only see what we'll be together and not after our death.

Thank you, Saphira. I don't even know if I will really be unable to get back to Alagaësia but since we have too much job in here, it will really take me a century to finish what we started. I hope Katrina and his son will understand that he's going to change slowly now that he's a dragon rider like Ismira.

...

Two weeks later, Saphira was hunting for food in the afternoon while Eragon was talking to the dwarves about digging tunnels for water ways in the mountain in his office. It was a surprise to him when he saw Lee Jun Ah who knelt on one knee as a sign of his respect before him as the leader of the Dragon Order. Eragon made the dwarves leave after he was done with his meeting with them and asked for privacy. He sat on one of his chairs near the open windows and smelled the fresh air while it was still snowing.

"Why have you come here, Jun Ah?" Eragon asked him. "Is it a very important?"

"Forgive me for some things that I may have not told you. I know that you trust me enough to take care and clean dragon eggs for transportation in many parts of Alagaësia," he began. "We need your help, shur'tugal. You are our only hope to restore balance in the Far Eastern Reaches. You are a powerful rider and the tribe leaders may listen to you."

"Why do I have to come and go to Dongnaia, then? Wasn't it you who had done the damage? I have lots of job in the mountain."

"The late emperor have told me that there is a female seer who had already seen his future," Lee Jun Ah replied. "His death was already foretold by a seer and he has accepted it. Even so, I need you to help us."

"Us? Aren't you alone when you arrived here, Jun Ah?"

"I was alone when I arrived in the mountain but I have adopted a young girl who ran away from my homeland a few days ago due to the scattered wars by those who wanted to rise up as emperor of Dongnaia ever since the death of Emperor Song Joo Won. It horrified me to discover that what I have done truly divided my homeland. Now, there are four different tribes fighting for power. The bronze dragon I brought to you had hatched for the young human girl that I have adopted! Will you be able to take care of her? She doesn't know what to do!"

Eragon was surprised by what he has said and so, he closed his eyes, searched for the power of the two eldunari in his office who chose to stay near him. What should I do, masters? A foreign dragon has hatched in the mountain.

Glaedr was first to answer him. Do not be afraid. It is also very educational for you to know what other dragons there are in the other parts of world.

Eragon agreed. Thank you, master. I will choose to trust what I believe is right.

"Would you be willing to help us, shur'tugal?" Jun Ah asked. "The girl doesn't know what to do but she absolutely adores her bronze dragon."

"What is the name of the girl, Jun Ah? Do not worry as I am willing to help you and the girl," Eragon replied. "She and her dragon should meet me as soon as possible.

Jun Ah cried so joyfully. He was just so happy that the girl he adopted will be taught directly by a man like Eragon, Son of Brom. "Kamsahamnida, shu'rtugal!!! Kamsahamnida!!! Her name is Seo Ye Sin. To tell you the truth, I was surprised when the dragon she named as Hyun Shik hatched for her. We became very worried for her future, sire!"

"Do not worry as I will be willing to teach her and her dragon," Eragon replied with absolute power. "Even so, it isn't in my power to unite your broken homeland. I don't know how I will help you than to teach her my ways."

"It was my fault." Jun Ah sat on a chair that Eragon gave him after that. "I believe that what was told by our Oracle who's living in the Dark Cave met the king and warned him of his future but the gods themselves forwarned him about this future."

Eragon gulped. It was his first time to have heard from someone that a prophesy would be coming from gods when he doesn't even know if they truly exist. He has never worshipped anyone but he's respecting the dwarves as he belongs to one of the dwarf clans of Alagaësia.

"He who made his empire broken and divided will raise a young dragon rider who will unite it," he breathed and continued, "A bronze dragon will hatch for her, and a powerful KingKiller will train her."

Eragon's eyes widened, and he felt a lot of sweat drop behind his head. "Are you sure she said that? I have met a seer before and she also read my future. Wasn't it just magic?"

"The Priestess of Dongnaia isn't the same as seers," Jun Ah replied to him. "She is a messenger of gods and goddesses."

Since Eragon didn't want to insult Jun Ah's religious beliefs, he nodded and stayed silent. There's only one way to prove that the Oracle of the Caves of Dongnaia wasn't just a magician. He has to go to that oracle's cave. "Take me to the Oracle of the Caves of Dongnaia. You must not fear for your life as I am with you. I just want to meet her."

A/n: Thank you for reading my fanfiction!!! I hope you did like it!

🌺🌺🌺❤️❤️❤️🌺🌺🌺