Chapter V: Home

As the group moved through the forest Edgar squinted his eyes to inspect the village up ahead. "Jeanne!" He cried, "We're home!" She pushed up to him and sure enough, Domrémy. The brightest smile crept up to her face, she couldn't wait to see her and Edgar's parents again. They walked up to the houses and began to knock on the door, Isabelle answers and to her shock her daughter stood right before her. "Oh my God, Jacques! She's here! She's home!" She embraced her daughter Jeanne's father appeared behind them taken aback by the sight of Jeanne, "Go get Edgar's parents!" Isabelle jogged to their neighbors home as Jacques held Jeanne in his arms for a moment.
Mash smiled as Edgar's mother nearly broke into tears of joy seeing Jeanne return home. She ran up to her to hold her tightly, "My mother really loved Jeanne. She was always a part of my life to the point where my mother would always ask about her. She loved her as if she was her own."
"How wonderful." Exclaimed Mash. She walked up the ecstatic guardians, "Excuse me but we're friends of both Jeanne and Edgar and we've stopped by in hopes to find a place to rest." Isabelle took Mash's hand into her own, "It's so nice to meet more of her friends, we have no problem letting you use the guest rooms, there's room enough for three." Astolfo rests his arms around Mash and Ritsuka's necks, "It's like having a sleepover!". Jeanne walked up to her mother and took her hand firmly and gently, she smiled happily, "Thank you mom for letting them stay."
"It's no problem, they're your friends. Why would I close my doors to people you trust and like?" Edgar's mother smiled as she placed her hands over Jeanne's shoulders, "I'm so happy you'll be sleeping at our place, it's just like when you both were kids and you came to stay overnight." Edgar smiled gently, it has been long since he's ever seen his mother this happy. Everyone mourned Jeanne's passing, but all were affected differently or similarly. Jeanne's family were distraught, Edgar's parents were just as distraught and upset. But Edgar himself, he's lost everything, he shed a tear to see his mom happy, he felt as if he had an immense hole in his heart, one that couldn't be filled or fixed by anyone, he had felt alone before but after her departure he felt truly alone.
"What the point of living if the one person that had made you feel truly loved was gone?" Was what always ran through his mind.
To see those joyous faces be filled by everyone, who were gravely affected by Jeanne's passing made him feel like a great weight was lifted off his shoulders. His mother took their hands and dragged them happily to their home. His dad stood by the door with a face full of emotion, he turned to see Mash, Ritsuka and Astolfo enter Jeanne's old home as Isabelle and Jaques from the door signal thanks to him. He waves back as he entered his home. As he walked into his room he saw Jeanne looking around nostalgically, smiling. "It hasn't changed much since I left." He smiled gently, "I never intended to change it up. Only the bed is different."
"I can tell. You were always concerned about comfort." She looked him in the eye and examined his face, her expression changed to worry. "Is something wrong?" Edgar shook his head, stubbornly hiding his feelings. "I can see it in your smile." He sighed and let his face rest to the expression he's trying to present. "You always knew how I felt even when I try to hide it." She walked up to him and closed the door behind them, she wrapped him in her arms gently as she took him by surprise. "We've known each other for so long we know how we feel without saying anything. Like that time you knew I was feeling blue and held me even when I stubbornly hid my feelings." He sighed, admitting his hypocrisy, "It's just, I felt lost without you and to see you again alive and well, I don't know where to start, from what to say to you to where we left off." She gently wrapped her arms around the back of his neck as she pressed her lips against his. As they disconnected she smiled lovingly at him, "Let's start off with that." He smiled genuinely at her as he wrapped his arms around her slim hourglass body and pulled her close to him. They locked lips again as they made their way to the bed behind them.