XXIX

Anxious

Anxious

"Hay grabe talaga the Fashion Week! It makes me fall from cloud nine! Buti na lang beautiful pa rin ako kahit I'm stressed na sa preparation!"

Ashanti turned her head to Kennedy who was busy putting her notes on the table. Maguumpisa na ang klase ngunit hindi pa rin narating ang kanilang professor.

"Then after the Fashion Week is your birthday. Gabi and I talked about it before. Do you need help or something?"

Her friend shook her head. "It's fine naman na, tapos na me magprepare ng aking birthday even before our outing. Sorry ah, I huli-huli you guys for the invitation kasi you guys know naman na. I already gave cards to others."

She rolled her eyes. "Debut mo naman na kaya hindi kami magseselos."

"By the way, what happened to the issue mo nga pala with Isabell? I'm so huli sa balita talaga!"

"It's been days, Kenny."

"Yes, I know. Sorry naman I'm so busy lang talaga for the Fashion Week at hindi pa tayo same ng schedule kaya wala akong time for new chika!"

"I don't know, she and my bitch step-sister who started it. I only fired back at them since they were getting the attention of people inside the mall."

"Nung unang see ko pa lang talaga sa kaniya I know she's a bitchy, but of course, I'm not like you naman. I'm not tingin to everyone by my intuition that's why I became friendly sa kaniya in the resort."

"Now you know. She's a bitch. Inside and out."

"And about your away here in Franklin? Grabe edi ikaw na tagahakot ng fights!"

She sighed. She was about to tell her when their professor came. They had no choice but to focus on their discussion since the new lecture was harder than the last.

It's been days since Ashanti last met Kalen, at the convenience store. After that night, she became more comfortable talking about her real self to him. She was still worried, of course, but most of the time she was sharing her stories and flaws with him. Except for her getting a second life, and her moments with Calista.

Ashanti's phone vibrated. She picked it up, still looking at the large board in the front. It was a text message from Kalen.

[Can I grab lunch with you today? I'll wait at the cafeteria or central area.]

Dahil doon ay bawat minutong humihiling si Ashanti na matapos na ang kanilang pang-umagang session upang makalabas na siya, kasama si Kalen. She said yes, obviously.