XVIII

Volatile

Volatile

Ashanti woke up by the ring of her alarm clock, as well as the chirping of birds on her window. She forgot to close it after turning off her computer last night. Nadagdagan pa ito ng pagtunog ng kaniyang telepono kung kaya't napabangon na siya nang tuluyan.

She picked up her phone while brushing her long hair. It was a notification from someone. She immediately smiled and looked at the message as it was sent by Kalen.

[Congratulations on being the representative, Asha. Good morning by the way. Sorry if I disturbed you.]

She placed her palm on her hand as she strived not to scream. Her day was already good but became better because of one text.

She then typed on her phone after she calmed herself. She read it again and again before clicking the 'send' button.

[Thank you, Kalen. This made my day. Don't worry, you're not a nuisance to me. Good morning too :) ]

She could feel the heat on her cheeks for a minute. Hindi siya nagbabakasakali na magrereply ito kung kaya't pumunta na siya sa banyo upang makapag-ayos na.

But Kalen replied.

While using a blower to dry her hair, she typed a response. Kanina pa sila ganito simula nang makatapos siya sa pagligo. Her time was running out but she did not mind to stop what she was doing just to give a quick reply to him. Baka kasi kapag tinagalan niya ay hindi na ito magreply pa.

After an hour of preparation, she stood up and packed her things. She also forgot to put her belongings in her bag last night because she was still researching, so that she could do it faster later.

Another ring came from her phone. Mabilis niya itong kinuha habang umabot ang ngiti sa tenga. But that smile vanished as she saw it was Giovanni who was calling her, not Kalen.

Nakabusangot siyang sinagot ang tawag nito. "What is it?"

[Weeks of no talking with each other, yet you'll greet me with your resentful tone of speaking.]

"Wow, naalala mo pa pala ako? I thought you already killed me in your mind and forget everything."

[I'm busy.]

She rolled her eyes as she heard his excuse. "So, what now?"

[Dinner later. Noah will pick you up.]

"Akala ko ba busy ka?" Her eyes then widen and she quickly put her palm on her mouth. No way. She sounded as if she was jealous! Sana siya lamang ang nakaisip nun dahil kung hindi ay aayawan niyang magpakita sa lalaki.