II

Queen

Queen

Exactly three in the afternoon when the formal party started. All of the invited families already gathered in the center, waiting for the two celebrants. Some also acknowledged Calista even she was from Mr. Rossault's mistress because of her good personality, opposite to her step-sister.

She promised her mother that she would use her cards carefully to take people's hearts and lift her reputation, higher than her rival, Ashanti.

She should be the heiress of the family. She would prove that she was better in everything. She hoped her mother was proud in heaven.

"Miss Calista Navi Rossault."

The speaker called her name, then a flash sealed the spot on her. She could see the people's awe while looking at her. She smiled and slowly walked downstairs, savoring the attention she was getting that moment.

The dress she was wearing was a white cocktail with a white belt hugging her waist. She only put her wavy hair down, with the little pearls near her ears. Her hands had silk gloves with the length stopping on her elbow.

"Happy Birthday, Miss."

She thanked every person who greeted her. Some only let out a smile at her, hiding the disgust behind their four-layered foundation. She did not mind. Makukuha naman niya lahat ng mga kiliti nito bago siya mag-debut. She was so certain about that idea in her mind.

"Miss Valerina Ashanti Rossault."

Then the flash locked on Ashanti, just like on Calista's. She elegantly swayed her hips and walked like a supermodel while going down, opposite on Calista's stairs. The people also tied their eyes on her, looking as if they were seeing a queen at that time.

Ashanti secretly sniggered when she took a glimpse of her step-sister. Calista's face and hand crumpled because of the unfair treatment they gave between them.

Know your place, Cali. I am the queen of this celebration.

On the last step, the people nearby moved towards her and greeted her with a happy birthday. She smiled and thanked them, the same as what Calista did.

"Please go to your respected seats. The first meal will be distributed at any moment. Thank you," the speaker announced after a couple of minutes.

Pumunta muna siya sa mesa ng kaniyang mga kaibigan. They eyed her from head to toe.

"Geez, this will be the huling time na I will pagbigyan you to lamangan my beauty," said Kennedy the conyo while standing to give her a peck.

"Kenny, kadiri ka. Dito ka pa talaga sa mansion nila Asha nagbubuga ng kasinungalingan mo." Umiiling-iling pa si Cayser sa kaniya.

"Happy Birthday Asha. Just to let you know, my gift is the best among our ugly friends'." Jaxon raised the champagne before drinking. Kaniya-kaniyang reaksyon naman ang iginawad ng mga kaibigan niya sa sinabi nito.