VII

Fiancé

Fiancé

The night had come. She wore a black long sleeve and a light-brown miniskirt with its matching coat. The curve of her body got more visible and that brought her more confident. She let her long, straight, black hair down and put a gold hairpin on the left side near her ear.

She only had second thoughts about her nude makeup because it was not fit to Kalen's likings.

He prefers the innocent face, not the fierce. What if he hates me right away?

She remembered herself having chic-styled makeup when they first met in her past life, and that seemed to be one of the things Kalen liked about her. She shut her eyes and shook her head. She should think positively.

Her hand moved to get the purse as she went downstairs. Hindi sila sabay ni Calista sa oras ng pagkikita sa kanilang mga mapapangasawa, dahil na rin sa magkaiba naman ang lugar. Mauuna siya ng isang oras. She was grateful for that.

The moon was gleaming brightly when they went inside the car. She and her father were in the passenger seat, while her father's assistant on the shotgun seat.

They were using a grand vehicle for that night. She could not remember seeing the brand on the mansion's garage so her mind automatically assumed it was new. How important this day was for her father to even buy a new car?

Her focus was on the screen of her phone, playing games while waiting for them to get to the destination. She also told her friends in the group chat about what would happen later that night. Gabi and Kennedy even attempted calling her to get updates but she declined because her father was on her side.

It took another half an hour before they slowed down. She expected they were already in the area. She took her phone back in her purse and scanned herself in the mirror before giving an eye outside the window.

Oh My God...

Her eyes broadened as she saw a huge mansion outside. She recognized it was not Vasquez Mansion, as the one in front of her was way bigger and elegant.

I bet that's not a mansion, but a palace!

Ashanti did not realize she was gaping as her eyes were sealed at the large dwelling house. Her heart began to beat faster when something popped into her mind.

She turned her head to her father who was talking to his assistant when she interrupted them.

"Father, where are we?"

Carshon creased his forehead, confused by her question. "In your fiancé's residence, of course."

This isn't Vasquez' manor. Does that mean father chose Calista for Kalen?