XLIV

Hope

Hope

His eyes landed at Ashanti who was sleeping peacefully in the guest room. She had numerous bruises on every part of her body. He took the cotton with cream and carefully applied it to her skin.

Her expression still lingered in his mind. The face represented the fear he did not want to see in her. He immediately ran towards her when she closed her eyes and was about to land on the road. The situation she was in at the moment reminded him of the first time they met.

"I'm so sorry," he murmured.

Pagkatapos gamutin ay inilandas niya ang daliri sa pisngi nito. Kahit tulog ay halatang maraming pinagdadaanan ang dalaga. Inayos niya ang buhok nito bago lumabas ng kuwarto.

Noah was resting his back at the wall, with his arms closed, waiting for his Young Master. He stood straight when he saw Giovanni closing the door.

"It's confirmed. There are groups of unknown people at every police station in the city, Young Master. "

"They used the issue to have access, huh."

Tumango siya. "They're trying to control everything while everyone's eyes are on the issue."

"Do you think she's the one who asked for connection in Katania?"

Inilayo niya ang tingin, tila ba sang-ayon sa tinanong. "There's no update yet."

Giovanni creased his forehead. "You're still mad at them?"

"Who would not?" Noah immediately asked as he looked at him again. "My girlfriend got involved in their immature issue." He wanted to blurt out more statements but he chose not to as he was still concern about his Young Master's feelings.

Giovanni sighed. They have read all the accusations towards Ashanti and all of it had evidence connected to the issue. He got a report from Noah about the fraud doctor who examined Ashanti's blood. The news about Ashanti pushing Calista. The secret relationship she had with Kalen Vasquez. All was true.

He had no idea what to say. It was only her who could tell them the truth.

Ashanti opened her eyes as her stomach growled. She flinched when she had a hard time moving, only to found out she was covered with bandages all over her body. She looked at the digital clock on her side. It was already five in the afternoon.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes once again. She was in Vercetti's Mansion. She never expected them to rescue her and her goal was to go to Vasquez' residence.