XI

Soup

Soup

"Seriously?"

Ashanti howled after getting in the car. She crossed her arms and turned at him. Hindi lamang siya hinintay, ni pagbuksan ng sasakyan. For sure her feet' bones would break any minute because of constantly running towards him.

"I forgot to tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"My plan for today." He then looked back at her. "This day will be considered as a date in the eyes of my goddamn father. Act like my fiancée for a day."

She raised her brow.

Date? Do you call that a date? I felt like a maid following you around!

"Excuse me? Do we really need to do this?"

"Why, you don't want to?"

Tinatanong pa ba iyon? "Sorry but I'm not fake. I'm allergic to that kind of plan."

"So you wanted to make it real then."

Her eyes expanded quickly and slapped him on his shoulder. "Stupid. Yuck. Never!"

Did she just hit him? For real? Giovanni glared at her as if he wanted to end her life in that place, at that time. "Who are you to put your hands on me?"

Ashanti shrugged as she looked away, even she was getting goosebumps from his eyes towards her. Ito na naman siya! "It's your fault. How dare you to make conclusions to me like that."

"You don't have another choice, anyway." His sight was still on her.

She let out a sigh, notifying him she gave up. But the truth was, she was striving to calm herself. "What should I do for the whole day, huh?"

"Should I repeat myself?"

Act like my fiancé. She was mocking him while mimicking what he said but only inside her head. Although Giovanni noticed it when she pouted and looked up while moving her head.

"The men in our surroundings are my father's people. Certainly, their loyalty is not on me. We don't have any choice but to act for them to report we're in a good relationship."

Her sight adjusted at him and scowled. Like what he said, she had no any option. Magiging 'disappointment' siya sa kaniyang ama kapag nalaman nitong ayaw niyang maipakasal sa isang Vercetti.