XVII

Confession

Confession

"Wait for me in the garden at the back."

Heat rose to Ashanti's face while recalling what he said a while ago. She was in the bathroom and thankful no one was with her. She put her trembling hands on her cheeks, then shook her head.

The nervousness and trepidation were still inside of her whenever Giovanni was around, but she agreed to have a little talk with him. What was wrong with her?

She walked nearer to the mirror and examined herself. Her makeup was still on point, except for the unwanted semi-blush on the cheeks. She took a deep breath before going outside.

The dance was far from its end. Her friends were in the center with their partners, even Jaxon with another girl. She took a last look on the dance floor and did not catch the two main people of the event. Grateful, Calista was a bad dancer, it was unpleasant to watch.

Her legs moved towards the garden outside. No reporter wandering or taking pics around the area. The sky was dark but still had a few stars giving light. Lamps were placed on every meter from the exit to the river of the garden. She took a motion to go to the bench beside a post. Why was Giovanni not there yet?

She put both hands crossed to her bare shoulders. The wind was passing which made her long black hair swayed and her back got visible with her shoulders. That was the moment she regretted deciding to go with Giovanni.

"Take this."

A black coat touched her bareback as well as a warm hand adjusting the placement of it. She turned her head, and saw Giovanni, without his mask, looking at her.

Can he stop looking at me like that? It makes me more nervous.

"T-thank you.."

"Why would you dress up like that if you're uncomfortable?"

She raised her eyebrow. Sino namang nagsabing hindi siya kumportable sa suot niya? It actually gave her more confidence! "I'm not. I didn't know the temperature outside is low. Kung alam ko lang ay sana nagdala ako ng sarili kong coat."

"You don't have one. You know the coat and the dress you're wearing aren't fit for each other."

She let out a deep sigh. Talo na siya. Anong laban niya sa lalaking ito? He was way more knowledgeable than her. Her eyes then adjusted at him again. The surroundings were dim but she managed to see his facial structures, especially the eyes with an expression she had not seen to him before.

"What are we going to talk about?" Diretso niyang tanong.

First, the cold was still unbearable even with his coat, and second, she had no plan to give worry to her parents and look for her during the party. Baka may mahalaga palang sasabihin pwera sa engagement nina Calista at Kalen na may kinalaman sa kaniya.