Remember Me?

Izuku stares back at the celing. Still sitting up, he waits for Mirio to come back in. He said he had to go and get something, whatever that meant.

The green-haired kid began to think about many things. After saying he missed Kai and Hari to Mirio, all the hero did was smile and say that it was good they took care of him.

How did a hero like himself know they took excellent care of him? He never said anything of the sort. Maybe the hero is smart...of course not as smart as Kai and Hari.

The hero seems nice. He wasn't like the people who came in to yell at him; he didn't say anything hurtful about Kai and Hari. He just chatted with him. That was it.

Mirio didn't ask for a favour or questions about his quirk or anything like that. He just proposed generic questions.

How can someone be so kind?

Mirio didn't care or say anything about him not eating or not talking. Why would he act like that? Izuku believes he hasn't done anything to grant Mirio to act like that.

Every person he has met tends to be rude or confusing in some way or another. The only people who weren't that is Kai and Hari. Izuku wants to say that Mirio is under that list but he feels terrible to do so.

After all, Mirio is the reason why Kai and Hari were captured. He feels too guilty to think Mirio is nice. Kai said heros are bad. Maybe this one isn't? That train of thought makes Izuku have chest pains. He shouldn't be conversing with the enemy. As much as he wants to, he shouldn't. It would make Kai and Hari mad.

Though, Izuku still worries that Mirio is lying about the promise or is going to break it. Hari and Kai did, what is stopping Mirio from breaking his promise? Absolutely nothing.

Kai and Hari promised they would stay and keep him safe. Mirio is promising the same thing. How would this time be any different?

Izuku yelps once the door was creaked open. He tries to cover his face but fails to do so. The stupid rings.

It took him a bit, but he looks up to the door.

Mirio was standing there with a flashing smile and holding a tray of food.

Izuku feels a pit of warmness growing inside him. Maybe Mirio will take care of him. However, that warmth is destroyed by the thoughts of his mind. He shouldn't be happy to see the hero. No, he should be angered. Sad!

Is the hero trying to manipulate him?

That's it! Kai and Hari would never manipulate him and they are calcified as... villains. It must be a hero trait.

"Can I sit down?" Mirio asks with caution.

Izuku stares, if he tries to answer verbally or physically, he could be manipulated again!

Mirio takes Izuku's normal silence as a yes and sits down on the grey chair in front of the bed. He placed the tray of food on his lap.

Mirio smiles and thinks about which question he should ask Izuku. On the trip of getting Izuku's food, he brainstormed questions or ways for Izuku to get out of his shell. He knows Izuku is confused and scared, rightfully so. He wants Izuku to have the smile he saw not that long ago.

Mirio looks down, bingo.

"Oh, Izuku are you hungry?"

It took a bit but Izuku shook his head no, very slowly. It was like he didn't want to be noticed that he was answering the question.

In truth, Izuku wanted to nod. He was very hungry, the food in Mirio's lap looks delicious. But he knows if he does anything to answer him, he could be manipulated. Plus, he didn't want to feed himself. That wasn't his job.