CHAPTER 5

Vividly-coloured images swirled in my mind at my half-conscious state.

I saw foggy images of my mother, Peggy's large wings, and Hansel's concerned face. I saw whispering people, with sooty, solemn faces and weapons clinking against their backs.

And then my eyes fluttered open.

I saw a dimly lit cabin, with clean-white beds aligned in a row. A soft yellow glow emitted from a window. I assumed that it was already morning.

I slowly lifted my head, and my body numbly followed. My bare feet made contact with the cold, wooden floor.

Where am I?

Oh.

My recent memories flooded into my head. I glanced around in panic before realising I was in my clothes. But they were scrubbed clean. My cuts and bruises were gone, too. Any signs of me and Peggy's encounter with the witch were gone.

Oh no. Peggy? Where is Peggy?

I quickly slipped my feet into my boots and stumbled towards the door. I needed a plan.

Find out where I am

Find Peggy and my belongings

Learn about my 'kidnappers' before making any hasty decisions

As I reached the mahogany door, I caught the sound of raised voices ringing from outside. I opened it a crack and held my breath as I listened.

"Do you think we should tell-?" An anxious male voice asked.

"We don't even know if we can trust her, yet." The sound of an elderly woman reminded him.

"But you heard the news! She's a Rebel. Just like us. You know that, Flora."

Someone sighed.

"She would be a good asset for the Order, but-" The woman -Flora, probably- said.

"Told you so, Jillybean," He laughed.

Another person grunted unhappily.

"I still don't-"

I had probably leaned too far into the door because the next thing I knew, it had swung open and I was back on the ground.

"She's awake!" someone gasped.

"Obviously," another mumbled.

I stood up shakily and brushed the dirt off my apron, my cheeks flaming. It was probably the third time I fell by now. This really was my lucky week.

"Sorry," I apologized, my dignity scarred. "Where am I? Who are you? Why did you save me, then kidnap me? Where's my pegasus? Please don't alert the dwarf police about me!" I blurted frantically, in a daze.

I looked up to see a woman with greying, raven black hair and piercing, silver-blue coloured eyes. She was surrounded by a gaggle of teenagers about my age.

One was a girl, with wavy curls of blonde hair that reached her waists, grey eyes and a slight scowl. Her expression made her look as though she was ready to punch something. Like a female tornado. Another had slightly tanned skin, light brown locks of shoulder-length hair, bangs and the biggest, brightest green eyes I'd ever seen. The third one was a boy who looked exactly like the tanned girl, with the exception of a dimple on his left cheek and almost auburn hair. They were most likely twins.

I was beginning to feel uncomfortable under their silent stares.

Until one of them finally spoke up. It was Blondie.

"Welcome to the Rebel side, Red."

***

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D Sorry for taking a 2-day break. I was procrastinating XD 

Stay home and stay safe!

~ LKS❤