HANSEL'S POV~ Part 2

Oh no. 

Oh no. 

Oh no. 

This is going to change everything. 

Hansel pinched his arm for the 206th time, desperately hoping, hoping  that this whole day was only another bad dream. 

He would wake up in Cabin 2... slip out of Silverglade before his bunkmates would notice... get his deliveries - spying - over with... hang around at the bakery... skip the campfire... and go back to sleep. 

Yet the words blotted on the page wouldn't go away. Neither would the angry bruises that welled up on his pale skin (... a result of excessive arm-pinching). 

He stretched out on Peggy's back, trapped between her soaring wings, his head in his hands. What was he going to tell Charlie? How was he supposed to deliver her paper? Who would take care of her now? Would she end up like Gre-

No. He refused to think that.

Charlie was NOT going to get hurt. Not if he could help it. He made a mistake once... he would never do it again.

Hansel reached for his bag, fishing for a bottle of ink and a crumpled piece of parchment. Mumbling a quick apology, he plucked a feather out of  Peggy's fluttering wings. 

And he began to write. 

Agent Flora, 

Have you heard the news? They've now targeted Red. Yes, the same Little Red that you sent me to keep an eye on. How did the spies working in the press not inform us of this earlier? What's happened to Agent Thumb?

We must take her in. Please alert all the hideouts around the Kingdoms and the Forbidden Forests that Red is on her way to Silverglade. Red is now a Rebel. She will be a key part of us. Part of the OFR.

— Agent N. 

As he signed off, the memory of his brother's hard, taunting face flashed in his mind. Maybe Ayden was right. He was no longer part of his family now. He was not a Norton. Not anymore. 

Hansel crossed the 'N.' off and wrote 'Hansel' instead. 

A bitter smile tugged at his lips. There. Happy now, ex-brother?

And with that, he uncorked a thin, glass vial that glittered with lime-coloured dust and spilled it on the letter. Crackling, green flames licked the piece of parchment, burning it to bits, until it disappeared into thin air. 

Messenger Flames. 

He sighed in relief, silently promising that he would have thank The Gifted for their ingenious invention later. 

Step one? Complete. 

Now he just had to warn Charlie before it was too late... 

***

Aaaand that's the end of Hansel's POV for now! (Yes, I MENTIONED NORTON-NESS!!! XD) I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Love you all! 

~ LKS 💜