Part Uno

"Mac!" My co worker bellowed.She sounded as if she were yelling in my ear despite her being half way across the store."Yes?" I respond hopping over the counter and rushing towards her. "Im going to need you to lock up tonight. I have a family emergency and you now have the honors of closing this place for the night" She said dropping The silver keys in my hand.

"What if -" i start "Relax Mac 20 minutes till closing im pretty sure no one wants to shop at Macy's this late and if someone does it will most likely be a old lady looking for a bra, you'll be fine" Stephanie snickered. She left out the door leaving me all alone. If silence was deadly i would have died right then. I began to scroll twitter on my phone hoping no one would walk through the doors.

Helping people isnt exactly my strong point.Im socially awkward and have been labeled with anxiety. If i didnt have uncurbable desires for new phones and junk food i would most likley be home well on a phone eating junk food. I look up from my phone trying to avoid neck cramping to see a boy peering through the window sending chills down my back as he made his way to the door.

"Welcome to Macy's may i assist you?" I say shakily. Praying he would say no and browse on his own. He looked around my age 18 and was a tower. My estimate at least 6 ft tall.He had blonde hair and bright blue eyes.He was very easy on the eye."Yes im uh looking for....a new jacket" he said eyes darting around the store to avoid eye contact with me. I pointed towards the back of the store."All the way in the back towards the left" i say."Might you come help me im not from here and i need advice on the best type of material to keep me warm" he replied. I could tell he wasnt from here. He had a thick aussie accent and he was way hotter than any boy from this state.

I nodded and hopped over the counter leading him to the jackets. He hummed a unfamiliar tune as he looked through coats. I was just standing awkwardly beside him. "My name is luke whats yours?" He asked suddenly. He was loud which made me jump. His cheeks turning a deep shade of pink."Mac" i said hesitantly. "No your real name , not what they call you. I dont know much but im pretty sure they dont name their daughters like they name their pets" he said. I would say it was harsh but he sounded as if he had no intentions to offend me.

"Mackenzie Joanna Elton" i squeezed giving him my entire name then feeling like a bumbling idiot."Cute" he mumbled incoherently. Meaning he also could have mumbled Kook."What about this, would it keep me warm?" He asked holding up a flimsy black coat."I dont think so unless you plan on wearing that in the spring" i cracked a smile. He smiled also giving me butterflies. He was gorgoues. I checked my watch to see that its about time to lock up."Um sir-" "Luke" he interrupted. "Luke im afraid its time for me to lock up. Maybe come back tomorrow when there is better service and more time? I garuntee there will be way better people to assist you tomorrow " i smile faintly. "Ok. Will you be here tomorrow? " he asked hope in his eyes."No sorry its my day off" i replied."Oh, ok well i didnt need a new jacket anyway" he shrugged leaving out. I sat there confused. What did he mean he didnt need a new jacket? Why else would he have came into the store? I watched him walk away mumbling to himself and kicking snow. I locked up the store and headed towards the bus stop.

What should have been the 75 bus was a black Tahoe pulling up. Scaring me half to death. I wanted to run but ice would have made me slip so i would have been frightened and embarressed. The window rolled down to reveal the boy from earlier. Luke."Need a lift?" He asked calmly. I hesitated. Do i stand in the freezing cold which could potentially give me frostbite? Or do i get in the car with a strange boy from Australia named Luke who could potentially kill me?. I nodded and he leaned over opening the door for me. The ride was quiet. Luke pulled up to a red light and stared my direction. I tried to avoid looking over but i failed. "Yes?" I asked with a little bit of Bravery. "You don't talk much do you?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Does that bother you?" I asked."A little, it scares me you won't say much of anything which means i won't know much" He responded."Do you live alone?" He asked."yes" i responded."Oh, one day soon we will fix that" he winked. "A little company won't hurt right Mackenzie?" He asked."Are you inferring that you.... want to stay over my apartment? " i asked. "Depending, are you telling me it's ok to stay over your apartment? I gladly will Mac, i gladly will" he said a little too excited. "I never said that it was! Or that it isn't i.....you" i tried to explain. I felt my cheeks grow hot and dropped my head.

He laughed. "Earlier you said that you didn't need a new jacket. Then why did you come into Macy's?" I asked."Is this your apartment? " Luke asked avoiding my question. "Yes" i nodded. He pulled over to to the curb. He hopped out the car and opened the door for me. He held out his hand for me to grab."Luke thats unnecessary im fine" i smiled."I don't want to sound really weird but i would like to feel your hand against mine for reasons i want to keep confidential " he responded. I blushed and grabbed his hand as he pulled me close and walked me to my door.

"Thanks for the ride Luke i appreciate it" i smiled. He blushed. "Thanks it was no problem. God your gorgeous " he gushed. I blushed. "What!?" I asked heart pounding."I said i don't live that far from here" he said his whole face turning red."Im gonna go, thanks for the company Mackenzie " he said rushing away from me. "Bye Luke" i smiled idioticly." I Walked into my house stripping from my outerwear and plopping on the couch beside my dog Minnie. Luke was gorgeous. And so kind. Too bad i didnt get his number.

I pulled out my phone and realized that i had 5 missed calls. They were all from the same person. My bestfriend Thomas. He was the only guy that had my number besides my dad. Also the only guy i wouldnt barf on when he talked to me. I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up."You better have some good excuse on why you didnt answer my call" he said through the phone."Actually i do" i responded. "Well im waiting Blondie! " he said trying to sound angry."I was working dumbass" i laughed."Man i thought it was something cool like some guy was giving you the works" he said. I could hear his smirk through the phone.

I didn't respond. "Sorry I forgot shit like that makes you nervous " he laughed."Yea, so why did you call me 5 times again?" I asked. "Remember Nala?" He asked."Yea your girlfriend? " i asked. "Ex girlfriend she broke up with me today. Her Ex wanted her back" he said sounding upset."poor Tommy " i said sympathetically. "Yea i was wondering if we could hang out tomorrow? "He asked. "Sure sounds like a plan " i say before Minnie started barking at my Tv. I hung up on Thomas after telling him ill see him tomorrow and turned the Tv off so Minnie would hush.

I went to my room and plopped on my bed after changing into some sweats a T-shirt.