delta

you pause to look him in the eye, your face expressionless as usual.

"you shouldn't waste your time protecting things which are way more secure than our country," you say before dipping a piece of cotton in antiseptic liquid.

"When was the last time we had a conversation where neither of us was worried about it being our last?"

you could feel his intense stare when your eyes were only focused on his wounds. he hisses when you apply antiseptic to the bruise on his cheekbone.

"we'll talk about everything after work"

"work," he gives out a sarcastic chuckle. "that's the thing, it never ends. it's either-

"don't move your face," you let out a tsk sound in irritation and grab his face, positioning it at an angle perfect for you to comfortably apply all the ointments.

"it's either you or me," he continues, "One of us is always out somewhere risking our lives."

"you know you signed up for this, right?"

he sighs.

"it has been three years, do you know that?"

some silence later you respond, "I do."

"the last time you said it, you were in a white gown," he chuckles and a small smile appears on his face as he probably reminisces old memories, "which was three years ago," and the smile slowly disappears, "since then, it's the first time we've got to work together. as much as I want our operation to succeed, I want us to spend as much time together as we can at times like these when you roam around the camp."

"I don't roam around, I have important things to do, I have to make the most out of every second we've got and  I encourage you to do the same," you stand up coz the bench was small and uncomfortable which made it difficult to clean up the mess you created on his face. "this was probably one of the few days where we've got a night to rest but you chose to blow it away," you say as you grab his chin to adjust his face up so you could check the cut on his forehead.

you hoped to focus on the wound but you're met with a pair of eyes.

you try to ignore them but some things are just inevitable.

jbfsjkabjhjskjfskksf