foxtrot

he takes a deep breath and exhales. he knows he can't argue any further.

he knows he can't know what he shouldn't, especially when you're in charge. the less he knows, the lesser the risk of him being trapped in worst-case scenarios.

"the task force for this was assigned way before we arrived here," you explain, knowing how he might have questions he's too overwhelmed to ask. "it was a predictable situation. colonel was eighty percent sure about it."

he leans against a table and heaves out a helpless sigh.

"I wanted us to bond"

static voices on your walkie floods the moments of silence as you pace around the tent grabbing things you need. hoseok could hear 'affirmative' in different voices, which made him predict the amount of time left for you to leave.

"we're stably bonded, hoseok"

"it's the stability that worries me," he crosses his arms and stares at the ground. he's become good friends with the soil.

your footsteps gradually come to a halt. you look at him, waiting for him to return the gaze. "have a little faith in me, will you?"

"I don't know what I'd do without you," he mumbles.

"for someone who likes to smile and laugh all the time, you sure have a very negative approach towards life, captain," you walk towards the other end of the tent to grab your weapons. "but at least you're thinking about yourself so that should keep you safe," you add before leaving the tent.