tango

"Do you trust me?" She asks.

He tilts his head a little, surprised by the sudden question thrown at him.

"Yes"

"Then you're sure I'll come back to you no matter where I go, right?"

"y-yeah, considering that you're alive," he replies with a nervous chuckle.

"do you know I trust you?"

"I guess... I mean we're married so that should be an obvious answer but sometimes people get apprehensive about their future when they spend most of their time away from each other so... I'm not sure," he rambles.

She gives him a blank stare for a second, trying to hold back a giggle but fails. She couldn't help but find him cute.

"preparing for the worst, I see," she pokes his cheek, "I trust you, hoseok," she continues, "which is why I know I don't have to worry about anything coz I know you'll always be there. Those who feel apprehensive about their relationship when they're away from each other lack trust."

"Why are things so hard for us y/n?"

"so they can be easier in the future," she smiles, "look at it this way, everything that happens is a result of the universe's need for stability. Think of the law of equivalent exchange, basic science. It helps us understand that whatever happens, happens for a reason. The amount of happiness will be equal to that of sadness. If someone's sad for a long time maybe it's because they're about to experience ecstasy," she explains with utter enthusiasm. "nature always finds a way. "

"but not everyone's privileged enough to have a future," he mutters. "how can we be sure it's all gonna work out in the end?"