"Scared that you"

Thomas' P.O.V

I didn't know how or what to feel when the griever approached Teresa. I had just got her back, and I had no intention of loosing her again.

I jumped and pushed her towards a pile of rocks, hoping she didn't hit her head on anything.

"Attack!" I yelled before we got up.

I looked back at Teresa as we stood up. Thankfully, she didn't have any visible marks or scratches, so I assumed she was fine.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned about her well-being.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." She thanked me.

I would do it again if it meant Teresa would be safe. I would do anything for her, that's how much I loved her.

She gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and we got up, ready to join the fight.

Everywhere I looked, I saw people fighting grievers. In only a matter of minutes, there was blood splattered all over the cave ground.

Hopefully not many people were killed.

Teresa and I both charged at a griever, stabbing it with our weapons. I used my spear to puncture a hole in the grievers back. Gooey black liquid squirted from the opening, and landed on my arm.

I continued to puncture holes into the griever, and Teresa did the same with her knife.

About 30 people were fighting the disgusting creature, but it wouldn't go out without a fight.

The griever turned, rolled and extracted and retracted it's spikes, trying it's best to fight us off.

Everybody continued to battle with the griever until one of the middle-aged immunes, delivered the final blow.

One griever down, one more to go.

Minho and some of the other immunes had managed to get kill the other griever, thankfully.

I ran over to the next griever and stabbed it with my spear. This griever was little unlike the other one.

Every time somebody stabbed it, it made sounds similar to the scream of a human child.

Not only did it do that, but also when a stab wound was made, something red came out instead of black. Almost like, blood?

This shows WICKED has crazy things up their sleeves. They were unpredictable and absolutely untrustworthy.

I continued to stab the griever persistently, until my arm almost gave out.

After almost 5 minutes, the griever had finally given up and died.

My shirt was drenched in sweat and my forehead was aswell. If you ever need a good workout, you should try killing a griever.

I was happy to find out all the grievers were dead, but saddened when I heard the news that 3 immunes had been stung while fighting.

Back in the maze, whenever somebody was stung, they would receive the grief serum. Unfortunately, in "paradise" there was none of that.

All the remaining healthy immunes came together and had a moment of silence for those stung. Without the grief serum, they would eventually die.

"Okay so the grievers are gone for now," I began.

"But that doesn't mean they won't be back." I announced.

The children there were hiding in a corner in the cave, wailing and screaming in fear. It's was our job to protect them, and everybody else there.

"We can't stay in this cave any longer with the dead grievers and stung people. By first light, we should be out of here." Minho chimed in.

I nodded and walked off.

I needed to sleep, and prepare for another battle tomorrow I call life.

QOTC: What's your name?