14💜

Lexi walked into work with Tom. He frowned as he saw Max walked towards them. He glared. "When were you going to tell me that Leigh has a new boyfriend?" He asked.

Lexi scoffed. "I told you last week. She has a new boyfriend and he treats her with so much better than what you did," she said.

Max rolled his eyes. He smirked. "Well she's in the staffroom with him. Still pregnant I might add," he told her.

"Good. Does she know about you and Kim?"

"That's none of her business."

***
Lexi walked into the staffroom. Leigh was standing there. Lexi grinned. "Hello stranger. What are you doing here?" She asked.

Leigh smiled. "I thought that I'd come back and see you. Plus I have an hospital appointment. They think the baby has a hole in her heart. So I'm back here for that," she said.

"Will they be able to sort it?"

Leigh nodded. "Yeah. It might mean she'll need surgery. But if she has, they've caught it early so they're going to keep a close eye on me and her. How are you anyways?" She asked as she looked at her.

"I'm good. Tom and I are trying again. We're having a baby so it's for the best. We both want this. To try again. So I just have to hope that everything will be okay. That we will work," Lexi said.

Leigh grinned. "That's great. I'm sticking around for a bit so we could do lunch and talk babies. What you saying?" She asked.

"Yes."

***
Lexi was sitting in her classroom. Tom walked in and looked at her. "You know you're pretty awesome. I have lucked out... again," he said.

Lexi laughed and nodded. She looked at her phone and saw a text from Max. "Come on. Brother dear wants to see you and I. He specifically asked for us," she said as stood up.

Tom groaned. "Come on his lord and master requires our assistant. I know he's your brother. But I don't like him much," he said as he looked at her.

Lexi laughed as the two of them stood up and walked to the office. Max was there waiting for them. "So as you know, Kim and I have been serious for a while now. I'm thinking of asking her to marry me," he said.

"I hope you're having a laugh. You've been together two months. That's hardly a while. And you're doing this because Leigh is back."

Max rolled his eyes and sighed. "No. It's not because of her. It's because I want to be happy and start my life," he said.

"No. I know you. And you have some ulterior motive. Don't say you don't either," Tom said.

***
Lexi and Tom were lying in bed. They'd just finished having sex. Lexi groaned as she looked at Tom. "I think that's been building up. But I love it."

"Course you do Lex. You love me and I know I love you too," Tom said as they kissed heatedly.

Lexi grinned and cuddled into him. But with their relationship still being so fresh and new, could they make it all work? Especially with obstacles about to be thrown their way.