24🖤

Lexi knew how things were with Tom and Davina. She knew how Davina was still claiming Tom was the father of her child.

She knew how Davina was messing with Tom's head. She knew there wasn't anything she could do about it. As much as she wished she could, she couldn't. She couldn't do anything unless Davina came clean.

All she knew was that everything was a complete and utter mess. She wanted nothing more than to help Tom. To be there and support him.

When she woke that morning, she saw Tom sitting up in bed. She looked to him and smiled. "I know how you're feeling right now. But it's going to be okay. I know it is."

Tom sighed. He looked to her. "I need answers. She won't give me a DNA test. And I can't pay for a child I don't know. I just don't understand why she's doing this to me," he told her.

Lexi nodded and took his hand. She smiled. "I know. But it's going to be okay. We're going to find out the truth. I know we are."

"I hope so. I just want to make sure that before I pay anything, she is mine," Tom said as he climbed out of bed and walked into the bathroom.

Lexi said nothing as he closed the door. She hated how he was pushing her away. She hadn't done anything. But he was pushing her away.

All she knew was that she was worried about how much they could put up with.

***
Lexi went into work. She smiled as she saw Leigh with Esmè. She walked over to them. "How's my favourite girl?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Esmè here is having a breakdown. She wants Max. And he's away on a course until tomorrow. And she can't accept that," Leigh said as she looked to her.

Lexi took her her niece and smiled. She held her close. "Daddy has had to go away. To get Esmè some money so she can have all the nice toys in the world."

Esmè shook her head. She looked to her. "Dada."

Lexi smirked as she looked to Leigh. "You've got a daddy's girl there. Good luck with that," she said as she handed Esmè back.

Lexi saw Davina walked into the school. She scoffed. "Why can she not just disappear? She's messing with toms head. And I don't want it anymore," she said.

Leigh looked to her. "Has she taken the test?"

"No. She's refusing to. Unless Tom agrees to pay child support. Knowing that she's got Tom under her thumb."

"Ignore it babe. Tom loves you. I don't think he would give her anything without proof. I think you're just getting paranoid," Leigh said.

"I know."

***
Lexi saw Davina and walked over to her. She looked to her. "Look, you can't expect to turn up and Tom give you money. There's no proof that the kid is Tom's."

Davina rolled her eyes. She smirked. "If you saw her, you would see how much she looks like Tom. So I'll be expecting my payment before the end of the month. Or I will be taking Tom to court," she said as she looked to her and walked off

Lexi stood there and sighed. But could she stop Davina from ruining it all?