⚡#2 BEHIND THE SCREEN⚡

Every time you see the handkerchief that he let you borrow, you can't get the boy out of your head. You then decided to come back to the arcade to your favorite spot. The arcade was full of happy people playing their favorite games. You looked around, hoping to see the boy again. While waiting, you decided to play Prime Empire first to ease your boredom. You waited and waited until the clock strikes 10 in the morning. Still, the boy didn't show up.

You then decided to go home to finish your school projects. You looked at the towel sincerely as if it was hiding something deeper for you to understand.

On your way to your house, you passed the beach where you noticed a guy having curly ginger brown hair standing at the white shores of the ocean. Even though he's not looking, you know that it is him because of his outfit. You were delighted and ran away to the boy.

Your glee was suddenly stopped when you heard him sobbing. You thought that it might not be the time to interrupt him so you thought to walk away and come back when he comes to a better mood. But suddenly, you hesitated to go and chose the right thing to do.

“You left this yesterday,” you spoke. The boy turned around and was shocked when he see you. He turned away from you and hastily wiped the tears on his face. “Oh, it's you!” he said, trying to hide his sadness.

“Here! You might need this!” you stated while giving back his handkerchief.

“No! No, I'm fine! Take it, it yours,” he replied, turning back to you with a bright smile.

Even though you saw him smile you can still see the sadness he have inside his electric blue eyes.

“It's about Nya, right?” you asked in a worried voice. Jay remained silent while tears began to fall down his cheeks again.

“I miss her so much,” he added; looking at the great blue sea in front of him.

You were speechless and had nothing to do but pat him on his shoulders. “It's been seven months since she defeated Wojira and Kalmaar but I can't still forget her. My memories of her are still marked inside my head,” he continued while wiping his tears away.

“Nya is indeed a hero. She became my inspiration to my dance class,” you spoke.

“You dance?” asked Jay.

“Uhh... Yeah. I always love dancing ever since I am a young girl,” you answered.

“You might be a good dancer like her!” Jay grinned.

Warmth spread all over your body when you saw him smile again.

“So... wanna go to the arcade?” you both asked each other at the same time.

“Sure!” you both replied.

“I like you when you smiling! It makes you feel awesome!” you grinned.

“Really?” he chuckled.

“I may not be able to help you bring back Nya but I can still be your friend,” you stated.

“Awww... Thank you,” he replied.

“Now come on! Whoever comes last to the arcade is a rotten egg!” you grinned.

“Well... Ninja-” Jay spoke, attempting to use spinjitsu but you interrupted.

“Hey, no fair! Don't use your spinjitsu,” you spoke.

“Just joking,” he grinned.