Nightmare

Naruto's POV

Intense anger and sadness flashed through my body. I threw my head back and screamed, falling to my knees.

No... I don't want to...

Red-hot pain spread outwards from my stomach, and my vision blurred. My entire body turned red and black, and chakra flowed out.

Stay together. I can't... I must not lose control...

Suddenly, I saw out of the corner of my eye my friends watching me in horror. I looked back to see the village destroyed, behind my five tails.

Already five? And my friends... I don't want to hurt them...

I yelled some more, and twisted and turned around. I blacked out, only being able to see and hear, not control any other part of my body.

Stop! I need to get this under control... I don't want to hurt anything else...

Desperately I tried to fight my way back to my body. I could see my friends and other Konoha ninja backing away. Running. Fleeing. From the monster that used to be me.

I'm still here! I'm not going to hurt... anyone...

Yamato Sensei was trying to control me with his Firsts' jutsu, but I was too far gone. Seven tails were now out, and I was looking more and more like the Nine-Tails.

Please, Yamato Sensei. Help... me...

Just then, one of my tails knocked Yamato Sensei out of the way. He fell, and didn't get up. A blur of motion passed my vision, and stood in front of Yamato Sensei.

Yamato Sensei! Wait... who is that...

Sasuke was the one in front of Yamato. He was the one shielding Yamato Sensei from me. My boyfriend of two and a half years.

No! Get out of the way, Sasuke! I don't want... to hurt you too...

I could feel more tails appearing. I had to be up to eight now. The Nine-Tails was completely taking over my emotions about Sasuke and the Village.

Give in Naruto. I know you want to. It will be painless. All the emotions... gone.

Stop! I won't! I won't let you... hurt more of my friends...

Just do it! Release the seal fully! Immerse yourself in the power at your fingertips!

I can't! I can't hurt Sasuke!

But the emotions... you want to get rid of them...

I could feel myself losing grasp. Somewhere, deep inside, I was giving up. The Fox has already won, and I have lost.

No! I can't hurt him any more than I already have! Give me back my body!

Despite my protests, my body was pulled farther from my mental grasp. I heard screams, from the Fox and the people.

"Naruto! You can't give in!" Sasuke shouted, and I opened my eyes.

Just in time to see... The Fox strike him. Straight through the chest.

Sasuke... what have I done... this is all my fault...

Why...

Why can't I control it? ...

It's all my fault...

Yes. More emotion Naruto! Feel the anger...

I could feel my insides splitting apart as the Fox fully emerged. I was a lost cause, and so was Sasuke.