23/ tracy's house

gus

i drove over to tracy's house, as he had invited me to do. i only had isla on my mind as i drove. i knew layla was going to be there, and i knew she was going to try shit. i didn't dream of cheating on isla but i chose not to tell her that this was really happening knowing how uncomfortable she was with layla.

i may have told her a little white lie. layla and i did have a slight past. like very very slight, she was obsessed with me because we hooked up when we were both drunk one time and she's acted like i'm supposed to be her husband ever since. honestly, i think this is one of those things that she'd be better off not knowing and she'd never find out the truth anyways. i'm going to talk to layla tonight to set her straight and her out of my life and my business for good.

i let myself into tracy's place, we'd been friends long enough i didn't have to knock anymore. tracy was sitting on the couch with braden, dylan, jerick and layla. he gave me a bit of a "help me now" look while layla continually leaned over onto him. "sup man" tracy said, pushing layla off of him to come greet me. "thank you" he mumbled in my ear. "gussss hey! i didn't know you were coming" layla said, pushing her way between us.

"hi layla" i said, annoyed. "come, sit sit. we haven't talked in so long and there's so much to catch up on! that new girlfriend of yours? i don't think she's good for you peep. i love you and want the best for you and i really don't think she's that. she seems kinda crazy and overbearing? using you for the fame type maybe?" she rambled on and on and on.

"mhm she's the crazy one" i muttered under my breath. "isla is great thanks. we're happy together. she's actually far from crazy and overbearing, maybe evaluate yourself on that one. back off layla. i'm dating her, not you. i never even wanted to date you. fuck outta here" i said, brushing past her back to the couch. "ugh" she scoffed. "who do you think you are?don't talk to me like that gus" she said, angrily walking towards me. "i think i'm a man in a relationship who doesn't like you. i'll talk to you however i want bitch. fuck off" i told her again, getting increasingly angrier.

incoming call
isla
accept | decline

i stepped away from the noise of the group to answer my phone. isla had randomly called me. "hey babe" i said. "hi! i just landed, emily is coming to grab me from the airport now" she said happily into the phone. god i was so worked up about layla i almost forgot she was on a flight. "how was it? i miss you so much already" i said. "it was good actually. slept a lot again. are you at tracy's now?" she asked. "yeah i am. i just got here" i said. "okay! have fun. i'll let you g—" she was interrupted by layla who has managed to sniff me out once again. "gussss what are you doing? come back and join us! oh, are you talking to the girl?" she asked, pointing at my phone. shit.

all isla had to do was recognize her voice, which wouldn't be hard for her. i flipped layla off, finding isolation in the bathroom. "sorry" i said to isla, trying to blow it off as nothing. "that wasn't that layla chick was it? you said she wouldn't be there" isla said, immediately calling out what was going on. "babe i didn't know she was gonna be here. no one told me" i said. "i'm sorry it's not that i don't trust you but i don't trust her. jesus i shouldn't have left. i swear to god gustav if either of you try shit tonight—" she threatened. "baby, relax. nothing is going to happen. i promsie. i've told her to fuck off three times already. everything is just fine, trust me to keep her away because i don't like her either" i told her.

"well i'm not happy but okay. emily is here now anyways. i have to go. bye" she said bluntly and abruptly, hanging up the call before i even had a chance to get a word, or goodbye in. i'd obviously pissed her off but i think she would be fine by later. as long as she still thinks i didn't know layla was here, and that she doesn't try shit. however i'm very confident she will as soon as i return to the room.

i came out of the bathroom, checking both directions of the hallway for layla before i went back to the living room. "aw i wasn't a problem was i? you're not lying to your girlfriend about another girl being here are you?" layla asked, placing her hand on my chest. i swatted her hand away from me. "everything is perfect. thanks for your concern though" i said, going to sit on a recliner chair so that no one could have the chance to sit next to me. by no one i mean just layla.

"gosh you're such a buzzkill when you're dating someone peep" layla said, sitting down on the arm of the chair. "oh my god can you literally fuck off" i said, lightly trying to tap her off the chair. "cmon don't be like that" she said, not moving. she slid off the arm of the chair, making herself comfortable on my lap. "can you not" i said, trying my best to push her off but she resisted. "gus cmon, have some fun. live a little. isla will have no idea" she said, almost like she was trying to seduce me.

"layla i am not cheating on her. now get the fuck off me" i said, shoving her a little too hard off my leg, sending her stumbling across the floor. she looked at me as if she was hurt and looking for an apology. i just shrugged at her. i didn't give a fuck.