38/ shopping

"good morning" i told gus, both of us waking up with a mild hang over from last nights show. "ugh good morning" he groaned, rubbing his forehead. "looks like you got it a little worse than me" i said, rubbing his back while he groaned in suffering. "ima go shower and puke and i'll probably be better" he said, rolling out of bed. "whatever helps" i shrugged.

i went to the other bathroom to shower as well, the show had gotten a little crazy last night. i didn't realize how much we'd all been drinking until i woke up really. i grabbed a makeup wipe to attempt to get the remaining makeup off of my face, i'd missed about half of it and there was glitter all over my cheeks.

i let the water wash away the crusty feeling from my skin, feeling ten times better already. i finished up in the bathroom, drying off so i could go back to the room and change. gus was still in the shower. i just put a pair of sweatpants on with a tank top, i wasn't feeling dressing up right now.

the bedroom door cracked open, gus coming in with just a towel around his waist. "feel any better?" i asked. "kind of. i need some fucking weed that's for sure" he told me. he went to his dresser and took out some papers, rolling himself a j. "want one?" he asked. "hun it's 9am" i told him. "never stopped me before" he said. "well, fair enough" i chuckled.

"i'm out of makeup remover by the way" i told him. "okay we can go get some. you'll probably need to go shopping for a few things if you're moving here like completely yeah?" he asked. "well yeah, but i don't want to blow all my money at once" i told him.

"isla don't be silly. i got it, don't worry about a thing my love" he told me. "i feel bad" i said. "i'm offering" he told me, "i have no way to repay you though" i said. "you just keep being you and supporting me through this crazy shit and that's all i need" he said. "i love you. thank you, for everything, for all of this. i never thought this would be my life but now i can't see it any other way" i said. "good. because you're stuck with me" he said, leaning over to kiss the top of my head. 

"i'm just gonna get dressed and we can go okay?" he said. "take your time" i told him. it took him like two minutes to find an outfit and get dressed, i wish it was that easy. "okay ready to go" he said, grabbing his wallet and keys. "no no no. you're high as shit, i'm driving" i said, taking his keys from him. "okay fine" he said, giving them up.

"the boys wanna party this weekend, you down?" gus asked, looking at his phone while we got in the car. "uh sure" i said. we had nothing else going on. "where?" i asked. "probably our place" he said. "do they have to?" i asked. "yeah. we haven't hosted in forever. i promise i will clean up" he said. "okay fine" i gave in.

i took us to the neatest little mall/shopping complex type thing. "where are we going?" gus asked, following me out of the car. "sephora" i said, heading for the entrance. gus followed me, not having a clue what i actually needed. i grabbed a basket and went to the back of the store where the makeup remover was. i put the package in the basket. "okay i'm done" i told him. "that's all you need?" he asked. "yeah" i said.

we walked past all the other aisles on the way back to the cash. "that's pretty" i said, kind of talking to myself about an anastasia beverly hills palette. gus picked up a box off the shelf, adding it to the basket. "i don't need that" i told him, trying to take it out. he stopped me. "doesn't matter. you like it, it's yours" he said. "gus" i said, giving him a look. "don't try and argue. i'm getting it for you" he said. "and get used to it" he added. i accepted that it wouldn't be worth arguing. i guess he could get me something extra just this once. if it really made him that happy.

gus handed me my bag as we walked out. "thank you" i smiled. "welcome. love you" he said. "love you" i told him. "do you need or want anything else while we're here? want to look?" he asked. "we can look around a little. nothing else to do" i told him. "true" he shrugged.

we continued down the hallway of the mall. i heard some quiet whispers and chatter coming from behind us. i turned back while i walked, seeing two girls behind us. if i had to describe the look on their face it would probably be starstruck. i nudged gus, "i think you've got some fans" i whispered. "huh?" he asked, turning around. the two girls stopped dead in their tracks, struggling to think of something to say. "peep?" one finally asked, nervously.

"that's me" gus said, he was chill. it's the first time i've ever seen him get recognized in public but i'm sure it would make him happy. "we're just—we're like huge fans. we were at the show last night too" she said. "well, thanks for listening and thanks for coming out. means the world to me you don't even know" gus told them. he really did love his fans, well most of them. there was a handful that were a little much to deal with on social media surrounding it he whole me-gus-layla-emma various relationships thing.

"can we get a picture?" the second girl finally spoke up. "of course" gus smiled, stepping forward. "i can take it, if you want one together" i offered the girls. "oh that would be great. thanks isla" she said. they knew me too? i took a few photos of the three of them and handed the girl her phone back.

"you guys have a good day. thank you" gus said, smiling. "thanks! you too! we love you" the girl said. "love you guys!" gus told them, and we both continued on with the day. "that's never happened before" i commented to gus. "yeah it's crazy" he said. "you're hardly getting started" i told him. "i know, it's just so wild to me. i love all my fans and it's just crazy how me getting my feelings out in a song alone in my room has turned to this" he said. "never let it change you" i said.