Chapter 28 - Papa Bakugou

After some time interrogating the villain, the police had found out where Lemillion was being kept. Ground Zero quickly left and arrived at an old seemingly abandoned factory, but inside were machines used to turn gasses into liquids. Also inside were a bunch of tied up victims, including Mirio Togata. They had all been placed in a sealed off room full of that nightmarish quirk gas. Knowing this might be the case, Bakugou had already been wearing a gas mask. He, as well as a few officers in hazmat suits, got all of the victims to safety and sent all of them to the hospital.

      All of them were physically fine, just like the others, but mentally was a different story. You can't just forget seeing your greatest fear played in front of you as if it were really happening. Therapy was the only thing that could help them now.

      With Lemillion out of the picture and in the care of professionals, Ground Zero had stepped up and started racking up more points from the public. It wasn't long until the new rank system.

~***~

      Eventually, the house was fixed and the family tried to get back a sense of normalcy. Bakugou changed his schedule back to having one random day off a week and would spend most of that day resting or playing with the kids. Eijirou also went back to his old schedule as well.

      Because it was what saved their lives, Katsuki wasn't too hard on the children for not cleaning their room properly, but told them they should still keep it at the very least a little clean. The young boys just ended up hiding their dirty laundry in the closet instead. Kids will be kids, after all. After such a scare, however, the adults really couldn't blame them for keeping up their behavior. Again, it was what kept them alive. Which just means they'll have to crack down harder on their bad habits.

      After a while, things seemed like things were back to normal.

~***~

      It was the night of the Japanese Hero Billboard Chart and everyone was on edge. Lemillion was mentally stable enough to come to the event and he held a smile despite already figuring out what was going to happen.

      "Oi," Katsuki got the attention of Mirio. "Let the best man win."

      He extended his hand and Togata took it and shaked.

      "We both know what's going to happen, Ground Zero," He said with a smile.

      "You don't know that for sure." To be honest, he already predicted the outcome as well, he just wished it was under better circumstances.

~***~

      The boys were sitting in front of the T.V. waiting for the hero ranks to come on while Kirishima had left to get snacks for all of them. The adults decided it would be better for Eijirou to keep the kids at home so no one would see them together on national T.V. It was already a hassle knowing that one villain knew his weakness, he didn't need all of them knowing it too. Not until the boys were old enough to fight back.

      A life insurance commercial played that featured a gay couple and their adopted kid. The kid kept calling one parent "Dad" while the other "Papa".

      "Hey, Shouto," Izuku started as the commercial ended. They didn't understand what was going on, seeing as it was just for life insurance, but something did catch his attention. "How come we don't call Kacchan or Eichan those?"

      "I dunno," The cat responded, being more interested in a cat food commercial. "We just always have. You were here first, so I just followed you."

      The bunny looked down thinking to himself. "Hey, if we did use those names, what would we call them?"

      The cat food commercial went off and a medication commercial took its place. Shouto's attention quickly darted to Izuku's question. "Well... Kacchan's like a mom, so I'd say Eichan would be called 'dad'."

      "But kacchan hates being called 'mom'."

      "So, then he'd be 'papa', right?"

      Izuku smiled. "Right!"

      "Hey, what's going on in here?" Kirishima asked as he came back with rice buns.

      "Nothing," The kids answered simultaneously with smiles on their faces. Eijirou assumed they had made a joke about adults or something and let it be.

~***~

      They were down to the last two heroes. The number one spot and the number two. Bakugou was on edge, suddenly wondering if he would move up to that one spot he had been working towards his whole life despite thinking he would just a few moments beforehand. Togata, on the other hand, sat there with a smile.

      "The number two hero is..." The announcer started and Katsuki leaned forward. "Lemillion!"

      Mirio stepped up and stood on stage with a bow. At this point, everyone knew who the number one was, despite not announcing it yet. Bakugou could already feel the happiness welling up inside of him.

      "And the number one hero is... Ground Zero!!"

      With his head held high, he took the stage.

~***~

      Bakugou got home very late. Even so, The children were up and bright eyed as they ran to greet him.

      "Oi, what are you two doing up-" Katsuki began, but was interrupted by the kids.

      "Papa!" They both yelled as they latched onto him with a hug.

      The angry blond stopped in his tracks and looked at them with big eyes.

      "W-what did you just call me?"

      "Papa!" They both had big smiles on their faces.

      Kirishima let out a chuckle. "Cute, isn't it? They've been calling me 'dad' for a while now."

      Bakugou looked up at his husband. "Oi! Why the he-heck are you 'dad'?!"

      "Don't get mad at me, they're the ones who came up with it."

      "Papa..." Izuku said, getting the angry blond's attention. He had big sad eyes and his ears drooped. "Don't you like it?"

      Katsuki paused for a bit and let out a sigh. "I like it."

      Both kids' faces lit up and they hugged him tighter.

      "Papa!"

~***~

      ~The End~

~***~

Thank you so much for reading.