Chapter 21 - Court

Shouto was permitted to stay at the Bakugou residence until everything was decided. Despite the fact the two involved were major heroes, Endeavor and Bakugou both decided it was best to keep this little discretion discrete. They didn't want any unwanted attention from the media, let alone any villains who could use this for their own benefit. With the two duking it out in court, two major heroes would be off the streets, meaning villains could feel free to roam. Worse, they could kidnap and use the child for ransom. It was better to just keep a low profile during this whole ordeal.

      Whenever Bakugou had to leave, he'd take Shouto with him so that the child could give his opinion. This left Kirishima alone with Izuku, unless he had to work, then it was a random babysitter. Fortunately, Izuku still had school, so he'd be gone for part of the day, meaning less time to be sitting at home, worrying about what going on, and frustrated that he doesn't understand anything.

      This lasted for two whole weeks. Two Whole Weeks. Normally these types of things last five days. By this point, it was getting more and more intense. Both men would constantly argue and throw insults and accusations at each other. Bakugou would bring up the rumors and the things Shouto said while Endeavor retorted back with the fact that basing your argument off rumors doesn't give you a good leg to stand on. Even if Shouto could confirm the rumors were true, no one would take the arguments of a four year old seriously. It just went back and forth, back and forth, back and forth for the entire two whole weeks.

~***~

      On the last day, after court had ended, Bakugou came home with Shouto in his arms. The little guy had fallen asleep during the ride home. When the two came through the doors, Kirishima immediately ran up to the blond.

      "Well?" He asked quietly, trying not to wake Shouto, or Izuku, who was fast asleep in the bedroom. He'd ask this every time they'd come home, and the answer was always the same; they needed to continue tomorrow.

      Bakugou didn't give a direct answer. He just looked at Eijirou with a relieved smile. When the redhead saw the other man's face, he made a similar smile while sighing of relief. It seemed it was finally over.

      Katsuki took the little cat to the bedroom and tucked him in, then silently closed the door. When he came back to the living room, he and the other adult shared a small kiss before walking to their bedroom.

      "So, how'd you manage to convince the court?" Kirishima asked as they got changed.

      "Easy. Iida finally came through for me," Bakugou told him. "He managed to make contact with Endeavor's children, and two of them came in to tell their side of living with that monster. After all the stories of abuse came out, the court decided that it was best to leave Shouto in my care. Endeavor was also sent to the police for questioning. I took Shouto to get the papers signed immediately after. Poor guy was tired after these past two weeks. He was so afraid of going back to Endeavor, he wouldn't let go of me during the whole thing."

      "I'm just glad it's all over." Kirishima let out a yawn and cuddled up to Bakugou.

      "Yeah, me too."

~***~

      "Kacchan, do you have to leave again?" Izuku asked when he got up in the morning and saw the adult drinking coffee.

      "No, it's all over," Bakugou responded while patting the bunny's head.

      "I saw Shouto in bed, does that mean he's staying?"

      "Yep."

      "Why did that mean man wanna take him away in the first place?"

      "You'll understand when you're older."

      Izuku let out a little huff, but left it be. A little bit later, Shouto came out. He walked up to Bakugou and looked up at him.

      "So... Is it over?" The little cat asked.

      Bakugou picked him up and sat him on his lap. "Yes, it's over. You're staying here with us."

      The kitty gave the blond a hug and sighed with relief.

~***~

      Later that day, Bakugou and Kirishima got Shouto registered for school. On the way back, they got ice cream for the four of them. It would take awhile, but things eventually started to calm down, and the four acted like one big family. Something that Izuku always wanted, and Shouto thought he'd never have. With Kirishima's help, Bakugou was able to take care of the kids while still rising in the ranks of the hero world. With Endeavor under questioning, the number two spot went to the next runner up, and Katsuki knew that it would only be harder from here on out.

~***~

Sorry this took so long to come out. But I'm back now. Also, this is the end of the second arc. Hopefully you liked it. I'll be starting on the third arc soon (hopefully), yes there's still more to this story. No, he's not getting another kid, I don't think he'd be able to handle it. XD

Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying this story, I've been having a lot of fun writing it. Even so, there are still other stories I want to start writing too. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean the end of Papa Bakugou or the One-Shots, it just means that time between uploads might become a little longer, but it also means there will be other stories.

For example, while it wasn't that popular, I really do want to write a sequel to my BnHA Ghost Hunting AU. I have so many ideas for a sequel, but more people want this instead, so I've put it on hold. There's a BnHA mystery book that I've been wanting to write, I've already written the first chapter, but haven't continued because of this story.

Again, these are just some other stuff I've been wanting to write about, let me know what you think.

Thank you all for reading, and I'll see you in the next chapter. ^^