Inappropriate Questions

Eddie Pov

Gaege's family is messed up. No wonder he rarely talks about them. We sit down to eat. I sit next to Gaege. He seems to have a fake face on now. He's around his family now so for him that means no swearing, no childish behaviors, and no voices. My family is so lenient compared to his. At dinner there's swear words thrown around in Spanish and English. And they don't care when the kids start fighting. 

"So, what do you do for a living Eddie?" Debora asks me. 

"Oh, I'm a-" I look over at Gaege. He's giving me a look. He shakes his head. "Uh." My head goes blank, thinking back to all the past jobs I've had. "I work at Target."

"Target?" Tom says.

"Uh, yeah," I say. 

"Pays well?" Tom asks.

"Yeah," I say. It's a white lie. Because Target did not pay well when I worked there, but my career now does. It's just bending the truth. 

"That's good," Debora says. I cut apart the food on my plate. I look over at Gaege and he's poking at his food a little bit. Rarely putting any into his mouth. I finish my food quickly, trying to avoid eye contact with Gaege's parents. Once I'm done, I sit there with my plate. "Do you want seconds?" Debora asks. "We have more than enough food." I look over at Gaege and he still has almost the same amount of food on his plate. 

"Uh, sure," I say. I take some more vegetables and another piece of chicken. I sip some of my water and secretly wish it was something with alcohol in it. 

"Where did you grow up Eddie?" Tom asks. F*ck. 

"I grew up in Texas," I say. Not all of a lie. I did move their when I was 9. 

"A southern boy. You don't have much of an accent," Tom says. I bite the inside of my cheek. Yeah, cause I'm hiding it.

"I never really contracted one," I say. 

"How much money do you make?" Debora asks. I resist the urge to crinkle my eyebrows and say something rude.

"4,000 monthly," I say. These are some very inappropriate questions they're both asking me. Do they really need this information? I feel bad for whoever Gaege does end up bringing home as a real boyfriend. 

"So, you're gay too?" Tom asks. No, I'm straight. I'm just dating your son on the side.

"No, actually I'm bi," I say.

"Bi?" Debora says.

"Bisexual. I'm attracted to both genders," I say. Seriously? They don't know what bi is? Gaege sits there quietly, still picking at his food. 

"I'm full. And tired. I think I'm just going to head to bed," Gaege abruptly stands up. 

"I think I'll go with him," I say. I put my dish next to the sink and follow Gaege to our room.

Hope you guys liked it! Next chapter will be this, but in Gaege's Pov. Luv you all! More to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!