eleven.

"For the last time, I don't have any cruel intentions to your people, or the people here in Liyue. I also have no relations with the Fatui, whatsoever."

Your words were.. Partially true. Your relationship with Childe was clearly quite odd, but, it had nothing to do with the delusion that you'd wielded, even prior to meeting him that one day. This delusion had been yours for as long as you could remember. It was something that you thought was normal, until one day, you'd found out that you were an exceptional being.

The thoughts that clouded your mind eventually led you back to think of another. Your eyes widened quickly in the sudden realization of not having met with Childe as planned. Unfortunately, the time to have looked for the man was now long gone, since you'd been sat across the dark haired pirate, listening to him ask an endless amount of questions that were more or less, useless. A subtle frown painted your face, only for a second, before you looked away from the Cavalry Captain.

"Can I trust you?" He asked.

You sucked in a breath.

"No. You can't. Because not even I know how I managed to get ahold of my delusion, yet. That's why I'm here."

Instead of making up answers, you told yourself you would tell the man exactly what was going on. You did not ask for any help in return, but simply for him to stay out of your business to which he politely declined.

"I'm afraid I can't do that on the behalf of my orders. You are to be further investigated in Mondstadt by the Knights,"

"And what if I were to perhaps.. Disappear? Then what?"

"Then you would be wanted by two nations. Is that really what you want, Miss Y/N?" He said, leaving your shoulders to slump just slightly.

Being wanted by two nations; it was highly dangerous, however it looked to be nothing but a game to you. Maybe this is what you really needed. The rush and excitement of battling properly, once again.

But you couldn't. Now that you'd stayed in Liyue for a little while, you had too much to lose. Too many people to throw into a wreck less situation, all thanks to your sudden need to have made some acquaintances.

"Please. I request that you let me try to investigate this myself, just to start. And then.. You and the knights could do as you please," Though you'd given in to him, you remembered to keep your head held eye, never breaking eye contact with Kaeya who let out an amused chuckle at your confidence for someone who was just an outsider. His personality, you noticed, had quite the few similarities to the one of someone else.

Just the memory of him made you feel bad for completely forgetting about where you were originally supposed to be, but these matters were far more important.

"..As you wish. I will give you a week."

"Good enough for me," You muttered, looking past the story teller to watch a familiar ginger waltz in, appearing to be as passive aggressive as always. You quickly turned your head back towards Kaeya, "Just don't go spreading the word about this so much, yeah? Not until I get to the bottom of this."

Kaeya only raised an eyebrow, about to tease you on who exactly he would tell about this until your meeting was rudely interrupted by the expected shadow that loomed over from behind.

"My, my, Y/N. You really aren't the girl that I'd expected you to be.." The cynical voice stated, purposely repeating the words that you'd already heard once before leaning over the two bodies.

Knowingly, a smirk spread across Kaeya's lips. He didn't need any clues to see what was going on between the two of you, and as a certified master of romance, as well as Mondstadt's grand flirt, he had plans on purposely angering the young Fatui man.