Chapter 17 - Events

Lucy POV

It's been good. I guess having Cindy over makes me relax in a way none has even gotten the chance to do. Looking at her as she works on her laptop, I see this boss lady which makes me so happy. We are seated outside on the guys balcony. It's so peaceful here, the wind softly brushing my cheeks, while I read one of my fantasy books.

The books i love the most are about werewolves and vampires, why cause i get to escape reality. Do you know how wonderful it would be to have a mate that's yours alone. I wouldn't have to worry about them being faithful, it would be in our bond. The only thing I don't like about them is, having to live a long time on earth and I feel that's not right, given death has to happen. Like death is there so that new things should happen, it has its disadvantages, yes, but all in all it is better that death happens. I know these beings can be killed or possibly get sick, but without struggle according to the books I've read, they can live for a while. Anyways enough about that

"Cindy, are you almost done?"

"Just give me a few" she says as she stretches

"We've been working on this project for a while and keep missing the deadline, I'm worried the client will give up on us."

"Cindy, you should have told me about this, and why did you come here at a time like this when clearly you needed at work!" I say getting worked up, Cindy knows I hate being a hindrance for people and she decided to come here at a time like this...

"Lucy, I needed a change of environment, and my friend went through something as bad as almost getting killed. How do you expect me not to be here with you?" she says looking at me like i should know better, i break eye contact by standing up from my seat with my arms crossed.

"I didn't tell about this project because i know you wouldn't want me to come" As she talks i hear her voice become even clearer cause she walks up to me and stands in front of me

She takes out her hand for me to hold "and like I said a new environment helps to find new ideas. So don't beat yourself about this. You know I'm a big girl." she says with a smile

"If you say so, but if you ever feel like I'm disturbing you, you will tell me right"

"Yeah definitely" she lets me know as we hug each other. Having a friend who fills up the gup of a sister is everything. I know I have a sister but Cindy makes me feel like I have one more sister.

I let her go " get back to work, and i will go and help Ruth out with the food preparations"

Getting in the kitchen as expected  Ruth and Gladys are preparing supper.

"What's for supper?"

Ruth turns my way "Mexican casserole"

"Is there something I can help make" I say as I walk over to the kitchen sink

"Not really actually, cause it's almost ready for the oven" she says with a small smile

"What about the salads ? Are they done ?" curiously i ask

She looks at me with shock "You eat Mexican casserole with salads ?" she as asked with her brow up signaling her confusion

"Of course silly, don't you ?" I mean I was raised to eat almost everything with a salad on the side. There are some foods I don't normally eat with salads but casserole, come on, that should be an exception.

"Okay....., I mean if it's that important to you, I don't mind but we normally don't have it with salads." she

"Thanks, I will make my special salad then." I say going for the veggies on the counter and grabbing some stuff from the refrigerator.

Jonathan POV

Today was my day off from work and it has been torture. You know the feeling of wanting to have something, that everyone says to wait with. Man, its hard, I don't know how long I can keep up with this feeling. And to make matters worse, I'm not the best person when it comes to making her feel comfortable.

Like everything I do ends up freaking her out, or straight out confusing her, because I'm confused myself. And concentration is not my best friend at the moment. Did i mention Sean makes it hard for me as well. I'm fighting with my work, most likely fighting with myself. But looking at her seat on the balcony from my office is kinda soothing.

That smooth skin, crying for my touch. Did I mention her hair, she changes up her hair more than I can count, and every time it's just so beautiful. Her eyes are an ocean of mesmerizing chocolate, how I would love to dive into that ocean.

My baby suddenly stands up from her seat with a confused look on her face. My heart stops to beat, I want to run to her to ask her what the matter is. Then her friend stands up seemingly to comfort my sweetheart, which makes me semi jealous.

That's our hug. I need to take deep breaths, she's just her friend, I say to myself, trying to comfort myself. After a while my love disappears into the house. I want to just stand up and tell her everything, but we discussed this with my brothers. So I need to be patient and keep busy with park work.

------------------------------------------

Third POV

Despite the workload Jonathan had excused himself from doing as he watched Lucy, he managed to finish all he had to do. Getting out of his office he hears a car approaching the house, knowing that it was Jack and Zack. Zack had been released from his duties of investigating Lucy's break in situation.

Zack suddenly loses control as he gets out of the car with his Alpha. Running like a mad man into the house, to confront this scent, he knows for sure he's supposed to know.

"MATE!" he shouts, as he looks relentlessly as to where this scent is.

Lucy, shocked by his words, frozen in her tracks. On his way into the house he bumps into Lucy, which throws her from where she was standing to the sofa, everything happening so fast. As he doesn't notice what he has done. But as he's about to reach this mesmerizing scent, he is stopped midway with his throat in Jonathan's hands. Fidgeting he tries to get out of Jonathan's grip, as Jonathan's black eyes pierce him back to existence.

"Alpha let me go!" Zack shouts forgetting his place, which throw Jonathans off completely, because his grip tightens on Zack's throat

With a huge roar "ZACK AT EASY!" Zack suddenly freezes realizing what is happening.

Still struggling in Johnathan's grip "Alp..ha, please.. Let me go" He says, feeling his life flash past him. The regret hitting hard, of his actions towards his Luna and the love of his life that he most likely won't get to hold in his arms.

"SEAN, LET HIM GO!" jack commands, which is uncalled for, an Alpha telling an Alpha what to do

"YOU KNOW DAMN WELL I CAN'T DO THAT, HE TRIED TO HARM LUCY. OUR FUCKING MATE!" Sean completely in control, tightening his grip on Zack's throat

Cindy in fear rushes to Lucy's side. "LOOK AT HER ! YOU ARE SCARING THE SHIT OUT OF HER!" Jack says as he gets closer to Jonathan and Zack. Lucy is shocked by what she's witnessing.

Sean suddenly looks at Lucy, and the fear on her face takes away all the strength in his hands as Zack slips from his grip and coughs dramatically. Sean tries to walk to his mate, but as she sees him walk towards her. She suddenly rushes out the door with Cindy on her tail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope everyone is fine. I'm back and will do my best to finish this story before i start school since we on summer break. Thanks to everyone that takes the time to read this story. please comment and vote it really helps me do better. love Valerie <3