Chapter 3 Meeting <3

Jack POV

"Mrs Smith, we will let you know if anyone or we find your cat" I tell the little old lady

I don't get humans, it's a cat! Not even in the slightest bit a human. But who am I to judge....

Zander my wolf creeps up in my head, which he never does when I'm at work.

'Cats just freak you out Jack' he rolls at me

'It doesn't matter cause what I like you like as well, and what I don't like you obviously don't like either' I shot back

'Jack we are very....' he trails off

'Zander what is it ?'

'Can't you sense it ?' Zander asks excited

'What are you talking about?' I ask

'I can sense her' Zander says

' Sense who? ' I ask

' God you are slow..... this job ain't shit but the attention you give it is amazing..... can't you sense something remarkable? And it's close' Zander responds in disbelief to my behavior

'What are you..' I say as a strong pull hits me from across the street

My body automatically follows this pull, excitement choking me up.

" Jack, where are you off to ?" Ben my partner asks

"I'll be back soon" I say rushing to the other side of the street, almost getting run over.

When at the other side of the street, the pull stops, which confuses me.

'Dammit Jack it was her' Zander says trying to take control 'let me find her'

'You will just chase her away with your crazy remarks' I say as I look left and right but nothing, I decide to keep looking. Something catches my eye as I search for her.

It's a girl at John's dinner.

She looks out the window, and for one second my heart stops. Weirdly enough she waves at me, I take that as an invitation and walk to the diner she's at. Getting in, damn her scent is just so breathing taking as she is.

Lucy POV

I don't get why the hell I waved but I did and this guy's in the diner.

He's walking towards me, there is something about the way he's looking directly at me, it's like he's looking at my soul, my everything if that makes sense.

"Hey beautiful, I've never seen you here, I'm Jack and you are?" This hunk tells me

"My mamma told me not to talk to strangers" I say putting up my walls, you know such guys don't talk to girls like me.

" Is that so ?" He asks with a raised eyebrow

" yeah" I say with a smile, I can't afford heartbreaks on my first day here.

"You know, I would believe you if you hadn't waved me over" he says with a big smirk plastered on his face.

Curses, with such a body and handsome smile, somebody call 991, cause I can't breathe.

"I didn't even see you as I waved, I was on the phone using my hands of course, you know us women and our hands" I say trying to make this as believable as possible.

"Then where are your headsets?" He asks with a chuckle

Truck, I've been caught, how do you get out of such situations? Shaking my head, I literally dug my own grave....

Then a thought comes to mind

" I took them out, just before you got in" I say

" So you were actually looking forward to meeting huh?" He says with a big killer smile planted on his face.

Lord, why ? " No I wasn't, anyways is there something I can help you with?" I say killing the child's play

"Just wondering where such a beautiful woman like you has been all my life" he said looking me dead serious in the eye then kicks it off with a smile

"In Georgia" I say with a dent of pride, like I don't love Georgia but I'm still glad I was born and raised there.

"Damn I've been there multiple times and never seen you there" he says

"That's sad I guess" I say in a sarcastic way

"So does this beautiful lady have a name ?" he says smirking

"My name's Lucy" I say with a smile

"You have such a beautiful name, not many.."

His phone suddenly rings

"Just one minute Lucy, " he tells me as he picks up his phone.

"Hey Ben, I will be there in a bit " he answers

"Yeah I get it" and he hangs up

" I know this might be rude but could I have your number?" He says as he turns back to me

"For what exactly?" I ask in disbelief, who asks for someone's number on the first meeting.

"So that we can get to know each other " he says as he pulls out a piece of paper from what seems to be his notebook.

" I don't think" I cut my words as I see this man write something on the piece of paper. He then reaches out to hand me the paper, I take it suspiciously.

" just take it, if you need a guide, play-"MATE", talk to "MATE", anything "MATE" related I'm your guy" he says as he walks away with a smile on his face

He's out the door as I try to respond, leaving me there questioning why this hunk wants to know me. I might just be a hit and run to him.

I place his note on the table and continue with my meal as I continuously look at the door back and forth.

When I'm done with my meal, a waitress comes to pick up my empty plate. The waitress reaches out to pick the paper Jack left.

"That's mine" I say reaching out to take the paper

"I'm sorry ma'am, I thought it was trash"

"No, it's my fault for not putting it away, and thank you so much for your service, it has been amazing".

Imagine if I wasn't looking..... but why am I getting so worked up about a random piece of paper a guy called Jack left. Even the name makes me wanna sing it.

I walk to the counter and pay for my meal and get out of the diner.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Its nice to meet you here again, stay tuned, comment and vote!