Chapter 2 - Running to you!

Jaylen P.O.V

Jaylen pov

I wake up to an annoying sound. I scan the room to where the noise is coming from, the noise is coming from my phone on my nightstand. After clicking it off, I roll out of bed as I head to the bathroom. Looking at myself in the mirror, I'm hit with this lonely feeling. I'm tired of this, waiting for about 9 years and still going strong for a mate. It's like the Moon Goddess doesn't hear my prayers. I pray every single night for a Mate but nothing, it's like she doesn't exist.

'Come on Jaylen not again' Jack says using the link

'We are outside waiting for you Alpha, take your sweet time!' Jonathan says with an irritated tone to his voice.

'Can't I just lament for a while? Anyways I'm on my way' I say as I block them out of my head.

I put on a pair of shorts and rush out the house.

When outside we start our normal morning run. We do this everyday literally. It's a certain tradition we built for keeping in shape and bonding as brothers. Sometimes I really feel like it's quite weird. One would think we are chicks, by the way we try to think about each other.

It's not easy for everyone to understand but if you were in our shoes you would. Our mum's been like a solid foundation of our brotherly love to be honest. She made us share everything, like toys, food, friends, it was mortifying if you ask me.

Reaching at the top of the mountain, we normally like to run to. I feel this wonderful breeze, I've never felt before. It's liberating.

"I feel so alive," Jonathan says, inhaling the air.

"Yeah, me too" Jack replies

"What time are you guys going to work today, I will be home late today." Jonathan explains as he looks at me and Jack

"Mine starts at 8 am" Jacks replies

"My shift starts at 4 pm, what about you Jonathan?" I ask

He smiles before replying "I start at 9 am, because of my meeting. Meaning you have to do some pack work before you go to work" Jonathan says as his smile grows wider

"Yeah, I know" I say, semi pissed at these pricks

"Btw I was supposed to check our financial status as a pack, but had so much work of my own" Jonathan says, as he attempts to run off

I catch him before he can sprint "Can't you do that yourself, I have to check how the Pack clinic is fairing and other stuff"

He wiggles his way out of my hold "Not my problem, you are the Alpha today!" He shouts running off.

When Jonathan is long gone, I feel a hand on my shoulder it's Jack "You know he means well right?" Jonathan asks leading me to look at him.

" yeah I do"

"okay I'm off now" Jack says as he starts to run to the pack house

Jonathan P.O.V

Running in wolf form is the best feeling I've ever experienced, my fur brushing past the wind as I zoom off. God its good. The paperwork waiting for me at work "gad", but that's what I asked for so can't complain. Reaching the house, I quickly take a shower and rush to work, the boss can't be late or at least not me.

I've always loved being early, that's something our dad taught me and my brother. The earlier you are to anything, the more capable you are at handling anything that life throws at you.

Jack P.O.V

I can't get what Jaylen expects from this, we are Alphas..., its a duty we were born to fulfill whether we like it or not, I mean he could refuse it but that would mean all of us renouncing our title not just him.

Its a curse and a package given to us by the Moon Goddess, I tried everything I could to get out of it but whenever I tried I got sick, like seriously sick. I stopped trying when, I had a dream about the Moon Goddess, you should have been there, it was an experience of its own.

So now I just try as much as I can to make sure we all do our part as Alphas.... The unbalance that comes with one Alpha doing all the work, it seriously not a pretty price to pay.

Anyways I'll be late for work if I keep thinking too much

"Alpha is there anything you would like me to prepare for you" Ruth says, she's Elijah's mate and he is Jaylen's Beta. Did I mention that we all have our own Betas. Dean's Jonathans Beta, he has a mate called Sarah and my main man is Zack. That rascal is so unlucky, no mate just like his Alpha.

"No thanks Ruth, I will be get something later with my collegue"

"Okay Alpha"

Lucy P.O.V

13.50

I've arrived at the place I will be staying at, and it's beautiful..... It's a small bright, modern, well equipped studio with free Wi-Fi fantastically located in Denver.

It's like a one room apartment, with a kitchen, and a dinning/ living room that has a bed attached to the wall above the living room. It's super cute. Putting my luggage away, call my mum.

"hi love, how was your flight"

"It was okay, I just miss home!"

"We miss you too love. Just remember we are always here if you need something or want to come back home"

"thanks mum"

"Baby I have to go now, Aunt June needs help with some of my cake recipes."

"Okay mum, please greet aunt June for me"

"yeah I will baby, bye now"

"Bye mum" Clicking the phone I decide to go for diner a few blocks away.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Each chapter read by you fills my heart with joy, please keep reading, comment and vote <3