Envision, Focus, Learn

Have you ever thought to put yourself in rain's shoes and wondered what it takes for it to actually fall? Before we get to that, let's go back to your eyes for a minute, let's use your perspective first. Rain is that liquid that falls when you're having a good time outdoors and ruins it for you. It is also that same liquid that falls when you're in bed and makes you sleep better. But what really is rain? Is it what we see it as or is it not? Well in actual sense rain is indeed what we see it as - a liquid that falls - but that's as far as we go. We don't look much past the forming of clouds and the falling of rain. There's much more than that really. You most likely had to learn about it at some point in school; it's one of the most irrelevant things you have to get into your head. That's the reason it doesn't stick with you long after you're done with the exam. There's actually something really interesting about rain that no one tells you. Rain is a teacher in it's own aspect, and a very good one for that matter. Why do I say this? Let's go back to the process undergone to form just one drop. It starts with a simple compound element that is heated to evaporation then cooled to condensation once high enough. As fast as this sounds it's to the contrary; it's a slow and probably tiring process. You could reason it isn't but before you do, remember it needs a lot more water to rain, one drop wouldn't do it. Imagine the sun's heat and picture how long it takes to heat water to the point of evaporation. Then there's the point of evaporating an enough amount of water. Don't forget the sun is up for a limited amount of time and out of the time it's up it's not at its max more than fifty percent of that time. But still somehow it manages to get through that without much of a struggle. Then comes the condensing process. Keep in mind the sun still is up after the vapor is formed. So what time does this here process have to complete it's task? Well, it has the night. But is the night always as cold or cold enough? Sometimes it's not and sometimes it is. There's not much about that that isn't obvious. As this is done to one cloud it is being done to all the rest. What happens if there's not enough cloud mass to rain? It is pushed away by the wind to join other clouds to form a cloud mass worth the name 'rain clouds.' This goes on every single day without fail. At this point you must be thinking to yourself, 'what does this have to do with rain being a teacher? And what lesson is there in all this?' Did you remember to put yourself back in rain's shoes? Now, consider the patience it takes for it to get to the point of being rain. It takes such a long long time to do so. The water needs to be together as a unit from the word go; a task so difficult. Once up in mid air again patience comes in, humility too. It's humble enough to be pushed around in all directions without complaint. That must be boring. But no, it is not. In it's cloud state rain does choose to have some fun of it's kind. It gives lots and lots of false warnings - more like pranks - and the joke never gets old. People still react the same each time. If that's not fun enough, it decides to drizzle from time to time just to see the look on people's faces. It is not yet at its destination but just for the hell of it, it let's some soldiers fall. You can bet they fall laughing the butts off. Those are equivalent to martyrs if you can call them so. That's a reason to smile is it not? It is, so go ahead and smile with them. Do you see the lesson rain teaches? Do you see rain as a teacher? I bet my mind you've never looked at it this way and so now you have a new perspective and I'm sure you're beginning to see it. Now that you've had this experience you will not look at rain the same anymore, you'll appreciate it too even though you aren't a farmer.