Chapter 4: Cigarette Daydreams

We made it to the cabin after 3 hours on the road. When I got down i was mesmerised by the view. It was super pretty the way the snow was so white and how blue the sky was. We met Sierra lukes girlfriend up here. The cabin was hers and all of them wanted to take a vacation. Ashton helped me with my bags. We all stood in the living area of the cabin seeing as theres only 3 rooms and 7 people.

"We are going to have to bunk with people. There are only 3 rooms and there's 7 of us." Sierra said. Obviously the couples were going to bunk with each other so that leaves me with Calum and Ashton.

"Um... how are we gonna do this?" I asked, seeing that in our room there are only 2 beds.

"I'm not sharing with Ashton he likes to cuddle." Calum spoke, holding his arms up in defence.

"Cal there's not much of a choice. I can't sleep with her. That's gonna make her uncomfortable." He said. I just stood there laughing at them. Honestly I wouldn't mind sleeping next to any of them but I've only known them for a week at most so that isn't happening anytime soon.  I look around the room and grab a blanket and a pillow from the closet and set it up on the couch that sat in the corner of the room.

"I'll be sleeping here then." I state.

"No you are not, you're gonna sleep on the bed i'll sleep there it's fine." he said. "You sure, it's going to hurt your back.'' I have a question. He nods his head yes and proceeds to goof around with calum while I clean up a bit and explore the house.

{1 hour later}

"Who wants to make smores?" Everyone filed outside around the fire that the boys got started. It was Micheal, Crystal, Sierra, Luke, Calum, me, and Ashton. I either kept burning my marshmallows or they fell off the stick.

"Here." Ashton said, handing me his smore. "Thanks." I said with a big smile. I bite down on the s'more and the marshmallow got all over my face. I tried getting it all off but it was everywhere.

"Ash, do I still have some on my face?" I asked, turning to face him. He pointed at his cheek letting me know that, that's where I had some. I tried wiping it off but it was no use. He takes the napkin out of my hand.

"Come here," he demands. I turn to face him as he puts his hand gently under my chin to support my head while getting the melted marshmallow off of my face. He initiated eye contact with me. I stared deep into his hazel brown eyes. They had a little bit of green in them too. We were both smiling at each other when Micheal yells.

"Just fuck and get it over with already damn." We all laughed and talked for a bit. Everyone went back inside. I went back in to get my guitar because I felt like writing music. I started to play a melody and sang whatever came to mind.

Did you stand there all alone?
Oh, I cannot explain whats going down
I can see you standing next to me
In and out, somewhere else right now

You sigh, look away
I can see it clear as day
Close your eyes,so afraid
Hode that baby face

Do, do, do, do, do, do

You can drive all night
Looking for the answers in the pouring rain
You wanna find peace of mind
Looking for the answer

Funny how it seems like yesterday
As I recall, you were looking out of place
Gathered up all your things and slipped away
No time at all, I followed you into the hall

Cigarette daydream
You were only seventeen
So sweet, with a mean streak
nearly brought me to my knees

Do, do, do, do, do, do

You can drive all night
Looking for the answers in the pouring rain
You wanna find peace of mind
Looking for the answer

If we could find a reason, a reasonto change
Looking for the answer
If you could find a reason, a reason to stay
Standing in the pouring rain.

Do, do, do, do, do, do

You can drive all night
Looking for the answers in the pouring rain
You wanna find peace of mind
Looking fot the answer

If we could find a reason, a reasonto change
Looking for the answer
If you could find a reason, a reason to stay
Standing in the pouring rain

When I finish I hear clapping behind me. I turn to see its Ash.

"That was beautiful," he complimented. " It's whatever I just sang whatever came to mind." i say. "Well wanna tell me what you're thinking about?" he asked. "There's a little trail down there we can take a little walk and get to know each other a little more." he informed me. I agreed and got up, leaving my guitar by the fire.

" So I sometimes struggle with my really bad anxiety. You were there for one of my anxiety attacks." I chuckle. "What about you? Have you ever struggled with something?" I asked.

"Actually I have. I written a note before. It was about how bad i was feeling at the time and nobody has read it." he says. I look at him with wide eyes. "I would have never guessed that. You always seem like the happiest person." I said to him, "Everyone has their demons I guess." He said quietly. "Well I'm glad you're still here." I told him. We hugged for what felt like hours. When I pulled away, I just stared into his eyes. He cupped my face into his hands. I put mine over his. We both started leaning in until there was no space left. I closed my eyes enjoying this moment. The way our lips moved against each other. Some would say magical but I describe it as a feeling of being safe and secured.

We were walking back to the cabin holding hands and laughing at the jokes we made. When we got back in the cabin I fell asleep right away in bed. Ashton fell asleep on the couch.

{2 am}

I was having a nightmare. I could feel myself tossing and turning. I had woken up but i couldnt move at all. I kept trying to move away from the figure in the corner of the room. When it had left and I was able to move again I got up and went over to Ashton.

"Ash wake up. I had a bad dream." I said quietly not trying to wake calum. "Ash i'm scared.'' I told him not knowing if he could hear me. I felt a tear come out from my eye. I started to tap him lightly then he woke up. "You okay? What happened?" he asked. "I had a bad dream and I'm scared now." I told him trying not to cry. He lifted his arm motioning for me to lay next to him. When he wrapped his arms around me I finally felt safe. He kept playing with my hair until we both fell asleep.