Chapter 12

The view of the city was very breath taking from my bedroom window, i liked to sit and watch as the cars below moved about and lights flickered on and off throughout the other buildings, pretending I didn't exist I was just a lost soul merely observing the life here. But I wasn't observing the life, I was living it. I read through the messages exchanged between niall,zayn, liam, and I just a couple hours ago. 

me: December 3rd

Liam:what?

Zayn:huh?

Me:that's the day harry and louis will come out

Zayn:then why aren't they in this group message?

Liam:what are you planning..

Me:Liam you know me too well ;)

Liam:Well this isn't a game...

Me:hm no fun. Well, we're not telling them until that night sooo things have to stay normal and under wraps for now

Zayn:why not tell them?

Me:do you really think they would be able to contain themselves ? besides that's not the plan this is.

Liam:k, so what do you want us to do for now?

Me:Not much, just..no matter what happens keep their hopes up don't let them give up..

Zayn:ok

Liam:ok

Me:And...please don't lose faith in me. I know i've messed up so bad but i'm trying...to make this all better, it'll all make sense later. I know you're reading this niall. Love you xx

Niall:We know. x. 

I breathed out a sigh that I didn't even know I was holding in. It was a relief to see him answer so maybe we weren't totally apart? 

November was a high expectation with everyone, ellen being one of them, the boys had an interview with her and I watched it. The boys all looked better, some more than others when raising their hands for the "who's single?" question. Ellen was a little skeptical with niall as I was brought up and pictures of us during summer commenting on what a cute couple we were. He blushed and that made me blush but I knew he wasn't fully there after that.

As time progressed louis and harry started to fall back into their old behavior because as they did so, no one said to stop. Then the 17th came around, I sat in my office and scrolled through twitter and saw it was lou and eleanors anniversary. bleh. "hey kelly where did this come from?" I asked reading eleanors tweet out loud to her. Kelly looked as if she was gonna stumble over her words, surprised that I was so calm, "uhm PR they..they thought that they're should be some damage control plus they haven't been out in public for a long time, I think they're testing you or something maybe they know wha-" I covered her mouth "sh-sh-shhh" her eyes went wide in question, I laughed "just shush yeah?" she nodded her head. "It's getting closer and closer to MSG isn't it?" she asked. I nodded my head and stretched in my chair sighing "yeah, did you get those papers for me yet? i have to sign them soon" i watched a she dropped a packet of papers in front of me "better get signing then" 

-2 Weeks later-

I heard the phone  ringing on the other end, time was moving so slow and it was taking forever to at least hear the answering machine "pick up..pick up.." I mumbled. "hello?" the tone was cold, not as cheery as it used to be when he answered but his irish accent still the same. My breath got caught in my throat, "hi" I managed to get out. I was almost done being boss lady and I felt like it's time to try to fix bridges I may have burned. I gulped "y-you're coming to new york in a couple days right?" I felt him hold back, "yeah. but you should know you're in charge" I closed my eyes trying to remember what I wanted,"come stay at my place" 

"wait what?" he sounded a little surprised and maybe even a hint of anger "come stay with me..at my place..I think we just need some time..." he sighed I felt the word no coming "I don't know, we're not really in best place you and I...-" I couldn't let him say no "just think about it ok? remember that you said you had faith in me!" there was a long silence, "yeah," he said quietly "i'll think about it" he smiled to myself, it wasn't a yes but it's further from a no. 

I read the excited tweets and posts about the boys arriving to their hotel a few days later. I kept checking my phone all day waiting for a text, a phone call, or a tweet even but...nothing. I was getting ready to leave the office, looking around one last time. It was fun being in charge but i'm just a kid, at least I felt like one. I wasn't ready for stuff like this yet. "any messages for me kel?" I asked on my out, a little too hopefully I think. She shook her head no, "well see ya monday night okay girl?" we high fived each other and I was on my way back to an empty flat I call home. 

I sighed it was almost 7, I heard a knock on my door, probably the mail. It was, but a 5'7" irishman was holding it. I gasped and didn't think,I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in close, as if I wasn't sure if he was real or not. For a second I felt him hug back but then he reluctantly said, "i'm still mad at you" I awkwardly let go and felt the blood rushing to my cheeks "uhm, yeah..you must be, sorry" I quickly stumbled through my apology and wondered why he was there if he was still mad. "you're wearing my shirt" he observed walking by me and dropping his luggage by the door as he headed for the kitchen "do you want it back" I was hoping he would say no for once "you can keep it for now, I have no room in my luggage and all, besides" he trailed off getting out a pack of beer "it looks good on you" I smiled, "thanks" 

Half an hour later we ended up sitting on the sofa on the roof, "So tell me" 

"what?" I asked curiously looking at him, there was a whole seat cushion between us but at least it wasn't an entire ocean.

He looked over at me  with a sarcastic grin and blushing cheeks clearly already a little drunk, "Why am I here" i looked at the city, away from that angelic face "because you wanted fresh air" I stated seriously. "Still cheeky aren't you" he said taking another swig "ok then, why did you invite me to stay with you?" I actually looked at him this time because I was being honest, "I missed you, I want to fix things, and be with you, and-" I never got a chance to think of any other reasons other than the fact that I just really liked him, maybe possibly loved because his lips crashed onto mine. Pretty soon I found myself kissing him back. Hands feeling the others body, feeling how much we missed one another. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he walked us down back into my bed room and dropped me on my bed. I giggled as he kissed me all over, nibbling here and there leaving light marks telling the world I was his. 

Suddenly the kisses got stronger and more passionate, clothes were coming off and our hearts were beating faster. I was straddling him now and kissing him about to take my shirt off, "wait..." he said catching his breath. "we're drunk" I laughed "I know" I finished taking off my shirt and pulled him into another deep kiss. He pulled away again and shook his head no "this has to be special..that includes being sober, and knowing where we stand..and things not being craz-" I kissed him again and held his face making our for heads touch "ok" I whispered. 

I jumped off him and the second I put my head on the pillow, all the adreniline in my system was gone and I was in a state of grace that no one could pull me out of except for probably niall because he put me there.