My Short Story

Arriving on the main land with Hope by my side we go to the local store to pick some stuff up as a snack. Hope gets what she wants a box of crackers, a few new clothes and under garments and I get a box of pizza pockets. We get back in my car and head for home.
As I'm driving I look over at Hope. She seems to be in the process of changing her look. Her hair covering 2/3 of her face hiding her eyes, she grabs her new black hoodie putting it on and pulling the hood up. She slouches in the seat and kind of holds herself.
I keep looking ahead and as we pull in the driveway a couple of my security guards hustle over to get the bags and help us. I introduce Hope to them and walk with her up to the door and in the house.
"So..." She says as we enter.
"This is just the main house. I've got a couple of single rooms with a private mini kitchen and everything. You'll be staying in one of them."
"You're very nice"
"Thank you Hope. So are you, is there anything you wanna talk about?"
"No why?"
"Because. I noticed you changed your look in the car. As far as my calculations go, there's something up so let's talk."
"No, I'm good"
"Hope, you will quickly learn that when I say 'let's talk' it's not a question it's a demand. I have things wrong with me too so we are going to talk. Now."
"Okay fine! I don't know what you want from me. I am a slave okay! I've been raped ever since I can remember. No one has ever done anything nice for me it's always I'm a piece of shit!"
"Hope, it's not like that anymore. You're out of that now. You're safe."
"You don't understand!"
"Hope, I do. Trust me, my life isn't how you're seeing it is. I've been in your position. I've been abused. I am from a country where I've been abused my whole life. Where I was raised by my brother and I have two life's. My life is not easy it's very hard."
"Oh. Well okay then" she says as she takes the key from my hand to her house storming off.
I stand there speechless. I told my story partially to someone. I couldn't believe how stupid I was. I felt a hand on my back not moving a muscle I manage to get the words "bro? I'm sorry" out. RJ pulls me into his chest and I cling onto him tightly. He leans down to whisper "It's okay" in my ear.