(OoO) Broken Promises

Fandom: Origins of Olympus

Ship: Lychee x??

Type: AU

Warning: Thrown together with zero editing.

////////

I eyed the ring on my finger, huffing lightly. I have had it for years now, almost five years. It was my symbol of the broken promise that had been made. "Calm down Lychee." I muttered to myself, rolling my neck as I focused my attention elsewhere.

It wasn't good to get pent up over things I had no control over. Wasn't good. I focused my attention to the project laid out on my desk, a project I haven't been able to look over.

A circle of metal, about the size of a eyeglass, sat on the desk. Along with a red jem, a ruby. I sighed, it was a project I had began working on eons ago. Well, more a project Apart had been working on before shoving it on to me.

I eyed the jem with a careful gaze, picking it up before laying it in the forge with a metal stick, careful of the popping lava. I should've gotten Dranne to help. If only someone didn't scare them away.

The lava popped and sizzled around the metal ring, melting the sides of it to reval a much smaller and thinner metal band. I smiled, slowly taking the metal stick away from the popping lava.

I gently laid the metal band on the desk again, putting the metal stick in its holder. Releasing a sigh, I grabbed the jem next, holding it up to the fire.

"ᛒᛚᛖᛋᛋ᛫ᚦᛖᛖ᛫ᚹᛁᚦ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᛈᚩᚹᛖᚱ᛫ᚩᚠ᛫ᚻᛖᚳᚪᛏᛖ" I spoke, the words twisting and echoing the farther I got. Slowly the jem glowed a bright red, blinding my vision before the light disappeared, leaving a slightly glowing jem.

I smirked, perfect. I rolled the jem in my fingers, bringing it up to the metal band. I held it close, it doing the rest as it snapped in the band.

I inspected the new formed ring. The jem still glowed from it's new spot on the band. The band itself was a bland sliver ring, though on the inside of it hosted illustrated grape vines.

I looked down at my hand, my mood damping at the other ring that hosted my finger. It was much prettier than the one in my hand with its molded snakes and glowing diamond, but it was a reminder of a past I'd rather forget.

Making up my mind, I slowly slid the ring of my finger, throwing it in my concealed pocket. I then slid on the new ring, stretching my finger off to get a better look.

"Perfect."

/////////
A/N: I don't know. But, possible angst. Lychee engaged. Who tho?