Let the Sun and Moon Meet

The third day of the festival, the day of Lantern Night is the most busy. Everyone is hurrying to finish their work, to make as many sales as possible before the lanterns are lit and set off, so that they can either be present for the ceremony or hope for good fortune with the last biggest sale of the day.
Only the guards of the manor and some other people who cannot be there some reasons are absent.
After the sun sets the whole village is collected in the Li estate save for some.
In other words, Lantern Night is the shortest day of sale in the Festival.

The next segment will start after the lanterns are set off—then the stalls of food will open along with shops selling textiles, jewelleries, ornaments etc.
So after the Lanterns are released, people go on a quick tour of shops, buy something to wish for either the seller or their family and then the fair is over for the day as everyone would retreat to their houses to celebrate the occasion with a feast.

Right now, everyone was busy on their stalls– hoping to sell as much as possible. There had been more travelling people in their village this year, accounting for good sale and the villagers hoped for a fortune.
Xie Liying was also hurrying, her steps quick and hands swift— wanting to finish with the sales for the day so that she could reach the manor fast. The sun had just set and there was still time.
Just as the last customer paid for their meal, Liying turned around to clean the stall and head towards the manor when the sound of incoming footsteps stopped her.
Wasn't the previous person the last customer? Maybe this would be the last one. With this thought she mentally sighed and turned around with a smile on her face " What can I get—you!"

There, in front of Liying was the same stranger from the previous night who dared to make her ge uncomfortable. He still had the cape on with his face hidden, he even wore a cloth mask which hid his lower face completely, shrouding him in complete darkness.
If it were not for the light from the lanterns which hung in the stall, Liying wouldn't have noticed him at all.

The stranger kept quite for a while making Liying think that he was there just to make his presence known when a rough voice spoke, " Can you pack some food ?"
Liying blinked and took a look at the stall. They had bowls and chopsticks, some cloth they used for cover and a few bamboo containers and earthen pots. If she were to give the stranger those utensils, she will have to either explain to Xie Yun about their absence or.....
Seeing that she was not responding, the stranger spoke again, " I have a few earthen pots with lids, though I will have to ask you to give me bowls and chopsticks. I will return them! Promise!
If you don't believe me, charge me now and when I return them, you return my money." He indicated towards his left, where a horse was standing with some sacks hanging on either side of its saddle.
" Even if I charge you now, what's the guarantee that you will return them ?"

" Isn't charging me the whole point of ensuring that I return them to you ? I don't like to spend money unnecessarily, you know.."
The stranger asked in an incredulous tone but Liying was sure he was just trying to lure her.
" I don't. You are a stranger who first persuaded my ge to do something he didn't want and now you are asking for our utensils. How do I trust you ?"

"You don't have to. Just give me the food and I will pay you extra, how about that ? It's festival time and I am sure you are in a hurry. "
"..."
They stared at each other for sometime after which Liying agreed. Her reaching the manor was more important than some stranger asking for utensils, for which he was even willing to pay extra. Also, she did charge him exceptionally high.
The stranger strangely paid the amount without any verbal complaint.
In the end, Liying packed three big pots with Tofu skin soup, spicy noodle soup, thick chicken with gravy, some spiced meat, and two more small pots with fried noodles and garnishes left. They didn't keep too many utensils but still she gave the stranger seven bowls and sets of chopsticks.