Chapter Eight

Already out of breath herself, Lumine let the mysterious stranger take over. His intrusion was at a surprisingly good time.

  "Well then," He pulled his bow from where it had rested on his back, "Come at me!"

  Suddenly, he let the arrow he had notched fly, freeing it from his slender fingers. It ripped through the air fast enough to rival the Anemo Archon himself--nearly. The hydro applied to the projectile had made it slow, clumsy even, and it dipped down into the shoulder of an attacking mililith.

  Paimon and the girl held their breath, worried that their capture was now completely unavoidable.  The stranger smiled mischeviously, clearly anticipating their fear, and clearly enjoying it, as well.

  The affected soldier plucked the offending projectile from his shoulder, causing a thick, crimson liquid to pour from his shoulder. Dropping it to the ground, he called for his companions to charge, but they were stopped in their tracks.

  The discarded arrow suddenly began spinning, spraying particles everywhere it faced. Left, right, up, down, everywhere was soaked in water.

  "Just as planned!" He ran over and retrieved his weapon, brushing it off. He faced the traveler, "Can't go wasting ammunition, now can we?"

  "Who-"

  "Hey, you look pretty familiar," The stranger paused, returning his bow to it's resting place. Suddenly, the gears began to turn, "Wait, are you the Hero of Mondstadt?"

  "So what if she is?!" Paimon huffed, crossing her arms childishly, "What's it to you?"

  "Because a friend of mine just so happens to be looking for the 'great' Hero of Mondstadt." He smiled, "You are gaining quite the status, comrade."

  "But you didn't answer my question." Lumine stood up, dusting off her skirt, "Who are you?"

  "Ah, how rude of me!" He bowed slightly, "Childe, at your service."